Wednesday, November 2

A fun, festive weekend with friends!

College besties came to Atlanta this past weekend for our friends' Eric and Shannon's wedding and to hangout out and enjoy the city life ;) So good to see them, hadn't seen Sarah and Rachel since their last visit to Atl and Brit, Seth and Josh since their visit over NYE. Way too long! Whenever I see them it makes me realize how much I've missed them and I'm always so sad to see them go back to their homes in Lexington, Cincinnati and Seattle. Growing up sucks :( Why can't it be like college when we would go days on end living in sweats, eating crap and just hanging out all the time?

Brit, Seth and Sarah got in Friday afternoon. I met up with them at my place after I got off work. They said they feel like my condo is like their Atlanta vacation home and that made me really happy because my place is far from being that with just only one bedroom, haha. But since we don't get to see each other nearly enough it's nice to all be chatting and sipping wine (or vodka, whatevs) in the same room as we're getting ready and sharing mirror space.

We cabbed it over in the rain to Shout in midtown for dinner -


Shout's tagline is "Food Fun Flirt!" so Brit got her flirt on while there


Sarah's birthday was Sunday so of course we had to start celebrating! An intense chocolate souffle.


So flirty! And I've recently joined the 21st century by acquiring my first iphone, more on that in another post :)


Obsessed with her feather earrings, I almost hid them at my place so I could keep them.


After dinner we walked over to Cosmo Lava where we were the only people not in costumes, Sarah was not pleased about this since she had been encouraging everyone to bring costumes during the week leading up to their visit. Josh met up with us after the rehearsal dinner and Thomas and Liz drove in from Columbus, GA to hangout for the night.


Annnnd we acted like it was our first time ever being in a bar, Liz and I playing with the cobweb decorations -


Flirty Brit Brit! Intense Josh.


Who knows


I vaguely remember swiping these beads



That hand became a center point of our night, I think we just pulled it down off the wall and then danced with it all night, haha. Don't worry we put hand sanitizer on it. Gaw we are so weird.


This is just out of control, seemed like a great idea at the time.


Saturday we got up and hit Lenox Mall after a breakfast of Chick-Fil-A and Panera (Sarah and I had 2 breakfasts, oh and we had Sbux). Um can we please talk about the new Forever XXI in Lenox Mall and how amazing it is?! (Rachel Sol. you will be obsessed) But I didn't buy anything because I'm trying to pay off my stupid credit card. Yes I am aware how much I sound like this video, reminds me of the impressions Tim does of me.

Then we headed to the Frazier Center late that afternoon for the wedding. I had never heard of that venue before, it was tucked back and so pretty and peaceful. Such a beautiful wedding that really fit Eric and Shannon.




A little chilly... Rachel got in late the night before.








After the wedding we went to Noche in the Va Highlands for tapas and drinks. Rachel and I had really delish sangria. We also ate nachos because Sarah and I always seem to eat nachos when we get together and an antipasto platter and fried calamari. The food at the wedding was awesome - fried chicken, pork tenderloin, grilled veggies, potato salad, rolls and corn bread with pimento cheese and wine, beer and champagne. Needless to say a good eating and drinking night :)



Heath bar cheesecake for Sarah's birthday eve! I highly recommend it as I was the one to eat almost all of it :)



After Noche we met up with the whole wedding party at Hand In Hand, once again we were the only people not in costumes, even people who had attended the wedding changed into costumes. Although Josh did get free drinks because people thought he was the groom. He was at the bar area for maybe 15 minutes and when he came back over to Sarah and I he said (or shouted), "I just got 3 free bourbon shots!"

I was drinking a pumpkin beer but it wasn't very good because it had a really high IPA so was a little too strong for my taste. I think Josh finished it for me, haha.


Josh's third night out in a row! Thursday night he did karaoke with the wedding party straight from flying in from Seattle.


Once again behaving like we'd never been out at a public bar before, we spotted Josh with this mask placed on the back of his head that he got from someone there. So of course we had to take pics each wearing it -

Sarah in it, this is a seriously scary pic!


Me, it was so gross


And Josh. Remind me to never make that face again.


Sunday morning up and through the Sbux drive thru, I was attempting to capture the pretty fall leaves. It was a perf fall day.


After brunch at Flying Biscuit in midtown everyone headed home :( I slept all Sunday afternoon.

Here's what I wore to work on Monday for Halloween, we had a "cat walk" and banjo music played when I walked out -


It's Allison's Rocky Mountain ranger costume from two years ago, she has become my go to for costumes because she has a big trunk full. That ladybug outfit is hers, too. She loves Halloween almost as much as Twilight!


Some of my coworkers -



Halloween night I went over to Sheena and Ben's house along with Allison and Mark for a dinner of cheeseburgers and yummy sides, watched Casper and handed out candy to trick or treater's.

Austin was an adorable baby elephant! He was cuddlier than ever in it :)



Sheena made this pumpkin punch, sooo good and very strong!


I love this time of year :)

5 comments:

sarah said...

Haha I loved this post!

1. You can totally tell that I have been crying from laughing so hard in the Shout! pics (don't remember why though....) & I love flirty Brittany.
2. I like how you said that I "encouraged" everyone to wear costumes...I feel like "threatened because it's my birthday!!" would be closer. :)
3. Obviously us Kentuckians have no idea how to act in "the big city" ;)
4.You should email that picture of Josh wearing the mask to him...right after I took it he proclaimed that it was the "perfect picture" and wanted it sent to him asap.
5. Thanks for showing me such a fun weekend! Love my ATL vacation getaway! ;)

PS- I'll give you those earrings if you give me that blazer. Totally fair trade.

Anonymous said...

That little dog in the costume is sooo cute!!

Rachel said...

I laughed so hard when I read this! So funny. The mask pics were hilarious. Thanks for hosting us :) I'll be back soon I promise!

Rachel said...

P.S. I totally don't remember having that cake at the restaurant after the wedding...maybe that explains the rest of the night lol

Chels said...

I'm glad to see pics after hearing so much about this weekend :) That crazy mask is the most frightening thing ever. I can't see Josh's mustache?

Related Posts with Thumbnails