Sunday, April 24

Sarah and Rachel's Visit to the Atl

Sarah, who now lives in Cincinnati, and Rachel who just finished med school at UK and about to start her residency there this summer came down to eat, shop and drink their way through Atlanta this weekend. We had a blast and I miss them so much already!

Minutes after their arrival we made a beeline to Souper Jenny for grilled cheese and sangria night. I have talked about SJ enough to them that a meal there was nonnegotiable.


We had a debate over whether there actually was alcohol in the sangria but concluded that none of us are very reliable judges ;-)


Atl besties Hayley and Chrissy came and got s'mores!



Slinky Inky your marshmallow is on fire!


After dinner we did a little shopping at Nordstrom Rack (I finally found a romper I like on me!) then went back to my place and drank wine by the pool.

Friday morning the first thing I thought about when I woke up was that I needed a spray tan ASAP because you're not supposed to shower for 8 hours after getting one. I had bought a Groupon for one the previous day and was going to the lake the next day.

After that super important errand was taken care of (why I'm in a big t-shirt and looking really greasy and pretty) we brunched at Cafe Intermezzo, another place I really wanted them to try.


Is there anything better than a giant latte?


You would think that after brunch Sarah wouldn't be hungry for awhile but she just couldn't resist these berries after hitting the shops in the Highlands.


Then went to Paris on Ponce, my first time there.


Unlike any antique and flea market I've been to before.


Spot the mannequin!


Our purchases - $5 drawing of a scene from Stockholm and a $12 wine rack


Pit stop for margaritas and tacos at Tin Lizzy's after intense shopping at Atlantic Station.


I got tanner as the day went on :-) But ugh streaky hands, I didn't apply the lotion right :-( Don't even get me started about my feet.


Then Menchie's!


That blob of yogurt is Sarah's doing


Shop til you drop! Home after Phipps and Lenox malls.


Drinks and appetizers at Ormsby's Friday night




New bracelets from Nordstom - Sarah didn't want to be like Rachel and I :-(


At Lenox we got our eyebrows threaded! It was the first time Rachel had done it and she's now converted. Sarah wouldn't do that, either! :*-(


Jenga!





Tequila shots!


Okay fine maybe I can be a tad dramatic sometimes.


Guess who won at Operation?


Intense...


We're so cool, haha.


Rachel's pretty new rings from Banana


Brunch at J. Christopher's Saturday morning before they headed home.


Our overall mood on a 1 to 10 scale averaged about an 8.5 - Just a hilare inside joke from when I kept asking what their mood was to ensure that as much fun as possible was being had at all times! ;-)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I had such a good time! I miss it already :( and I have already raved about threading to anyone who will listen lol.

sarah said...

Yay these pictures made me smile! (even though I look like a wild animal in half of them...eating yogurt and random berries haha)
It was such a fun weekend! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails