Monday, February 4

Weekend Updates

I've mentioned that I recently joined the Junior League of Atlanta, am really enjoying it so far and it's def keeping me very busy! Saturday morning we met at headquarters and went on a bus tour. I picked up a "skinny" mocha from Starbucks the way there and was pleased to see a of tray Chick-Fil-A mini's and fruit there for us. (They definitely feed us well!) We hopped on a big charter bus and went to 3 nonprofits around Atlanta that are partnered with the JLA and we can choose to volunteer at one of them when we pick our volunteer placement in a few months. We went to the Chastain Horse Park, Georgia Radio Reading Service (If I choose to volunteer there I will get to read books and magazines on air :) and the Woodruff Arts Center. Lots of great work and exciting things happening at each of those places!

Of course I took pics of the horses :) It was so cold and this one wanted nothing to do with us -


But most were friendly :)


 After the bus tour my small group, a group of 5 other new members and our adviser, went to Verde for lunch, one of my favs. I had planned on going for a walk with Sheena and Austin afterwards but I was too tired, I went home and took about a 2 and a half hour nap, haha. I thought oh I'll go home and sleep for 45 minutes or so then go to the gym and then do something that night. Yeah not so much, when the cold rain came I was in for the night.

I did make it to the gym late Sunday morning, my first time going to the Lenox LA Fitness location since it has been redone. Since I've complained so much about LA Fitness I'll admit that it is super nice now. All the treadmills have TV's, the spinning studio bigger and better and a pool has been added. A much needed improvement. Looking forward to getting back to spin there.

I went over to my friend Hannah's (She just moved into a new house, loved it!) to watch the Super Bowl that night and good thing I made it to the gym earlier since we ate lots of Pinterest snacks haha. I made layered bean dip and these chocolate pretzel bites -


 My first time making those but not my last ;-) Hannah made her fruit dip that I love -


 Plus rotel dip and Mich Ultra's, a very healthy and balanced dinner.

And of course I got in lots of QT with Clooney :-) I used to see him every week at kickball and I've been having serious Clooney withdrawal.


My kind of Super Bowl viewing party, lots of snacks, drinks, a dog to cuddle with and a friend who cares as much about the game as I do ;-) We paid rapt attention to the Puppy Bowl, Beyonce/Destiny's Child and a few of the commercials though, haha.

That was my exciting weekend! It actually was just what I needed, I got in Target and Publix trips and errands, cleaned and organized some and caught up on sleep. Starting this week feeling a lot better than last Monday! (see previous post :)

1 comment:

sarah said...

I really want to make those pretzel bites- looks tasty! Sounds like a great weekend, I was sad I didn't get to see any of the puppy bowl :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails