A typical Monday, can't seem to wake up today. Usually running on the treadmill before work gets me going but today I am dragging big time. Had a cup of Starbucks Verona Bold and now drinking green tea. It's not working.
I have not had a spare minute to blog between getting sick with some kind of virus going around, work and life. You know the usual excuses. This week isn't much different but thought I'd check in with a few updates on what I've been up to. But I know most of the people who read this already know :-)
Last weekend (pre-sickness) I went to my first Flywheel class and am now obsessed. I haven't been to a spin class in ages because the LA Fitness I usually go to spin has been under construction so it definitely made me realize how much I'd missed it. The studio is amazing, all new and modern, which it should be for what it costs. (First class is free) It's stadium style and all dark, music blaring, a screen where you can enter your name to see where you rank in the class (I didn't enter my name haha) and they use weights, so an awesome, full body workout for sure. Only complaints: Super pricey, most of the classes are only 45 minutes which is kind of ridic for what you pay and when I was there the mic was out and I had a hard time following what the instructor was saying. But I still loved it and think I'll buy a small package and go to the 1 hour class when I can. And my LA Fitness is back open so I can start spinning there again, yeah!
I went out for my coworker Parker's 25th birthday last Saturday, we went to Der Biergarten downtown, he got his beer in a giant boot shaped glass that cost $30 -
Owning the dance floor at Ri Ra later that night -
Needless to say he had a great time celebrating his birthday haha, what he can remember. Well the next morning I woke up feeling sick and then was MIA for several days, but after a round of antibiotics and Souper Jenny's soups I was all better by midweek.
I highly recommend their eggplant parmesan soup!
In my previous post I listed all the updates I want to do in my condo to make it feel less college'y. I am trying to take each thing at a time to not get overwhelmed or have to take an entire day. A few updates I made to my little bathroom -
New shower curtain from Target, I first spotted it last year and wanted it then -
Let's take a look at past shower curtains, shall we? The one I just replaced (what you can see of it, this is an old pic) -
And one I had in college and used when I first moved in 4 and a half years ago -
Now get ready for real excitement, my bathroom cabinet! Before -
Yeah not embarrassing at all, this is a new blog low. And after -
I should make a trip to the Container Store for some shelves, or do something like this -
In a perfect world (Thanks, Pinterest) -
I also got a new laundry hamper, replaced my yellow one I'd had since high school, and a basket for all my hair appliances. I'll save the pics for my next batch of condo updates so you have something to look forward to, haha ;-)
Just had a great weekend, good mix of productive and fun things. I had an eye checkup Saturday morning and got my car washed then Chrissy and I went to go see Silver Linings Playbook, but didn't quite make it there... We were trying to make a 1 o'clock showing and were very hungry so popped into the Publix beside the Tara theater to get a sub to eat during the movie. Usually we love their Boar's Head turkey subs but as we were standing there waiting for the man to make them we both got a very strong, distinct whiff of what smelled like dog food. There's a pet store next door but still, ew. I had just got over being sick, no thank you. We dropped the subs off in the deli section and booked it out of there. Outside Publix we decided on our next move, go to the movie starving or miss the movie. Everyone reading this knows how I get when I'm hungry, it's not pretty, plus my eyes were dilated which only added to my anxious and confused state. Oh and there were a bunch of caged dogs to adopt outside the pet store that were howling and whining. Basically chaos. What we did next will come as a huge shock to everyone, we headed back to Buckhead and got brunch at Buckhead Bread Company. Then mani/pedi's. All was restored back to order in the world.
So here's my nail drama. You may remember Sarah and I got gel nails for the first time on New Year's Eve -
Loved them the first few weeks but then I needed them off because my nails were growing out and only half the nail was colored. Well we both picked them off -
You would think we'd worked in a coalmine. So yeah love gel nails but will need to get them taken off next time. My nails now after Saturday's mani -
A little better :-)
Saturday night I had dinner at Coast with Chrissy and a couple other girls, had never been there before. I had sangria, the chopped salad and a crab cake, delish. I want to go back when it's warm and can sit out on the patio. After dinner Chrissy and I had a little more drama, we wanted to get dessert at Cafe Intermezzo but it was packed, I'd never seen it so crowded. Nowhere to even sit at the bar. While waiting and feeling all claustrophobic one of the waiters said, "I like your coat, Momma" to Chrissy and we had to leave immediately after that. Then we went to Cheesecake Factory but after waiting for a few minutes for a table decided to call it a night and forgo a thousand calorie piece of cheesecake, it was after 11 at this point and I was exhausted from the day's events.
Sunday I cleaned and did laundry, read, went to a Pure Barre class and church that night. This week is very busy with Junior League commitments and all the usual stuff.
In attempt to cancel out my nasty pics from this post here's a verse that I've come across a couple times in the past day -
If you want positive things to happen think positive thoughts! :-)
Have a great week, friends!





1 comment:
love the new shower curtain! Yay for your mani/pedi- my nails still look scratchy :-/
Post a Comment