Thursday, August 30

Shana's Bachelorette Weekend

Shana's bachelorette weekend was a blast! Recapped in pics -

I arrived in Burlington, Vermont last Friday afternoon, said a quick hello to Tim in the airport as he was flying out to the Bristol Nascar race for work.

Shana and I made a beeline to the pool where they are members of in Stowe -


We relaxed and sipped wine poolside then had Mexican for dinner.

 Fredo bein' Fredo back at their condo later that night as we were packing and getting ready to head to Montreal early in the morning -


 Arrived at our hotel in Montreal by early afternoon for the bachelorette festivities!


Lobby of the downtown Westin where we stayed


 After some shopping it was time for wine and lunch (I may have had a mini meltdown in H&M due to low blood sugar, thankfully Shana had some energy bites on hand) -


First bottle of the weekend!


 Funny story from that lunch: A waiter was speaking animatedly in French to Shana for a few minutes about who knows what and when he stopped talking and looked expectantly at her she said, "I don't speak French." haha!

After a grueling day of shopping, eating and drinking we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the big night out. 

Soon to be Mrs. Bentley! I ordered her sash on Etsy and was really happy with how it turned out.

So pretty!

Montreal didn't know what was about to happen...

A starfish bachelorette on the loose!

At the hotel lobby for cocktails before dinner

 The group from left - Shannon, the bachelorette and Suzy. 2 of Shana's best friends and bridesmaids

Green tea honey mint mojitos were delish


 Then on to our much anticipated dinner at Le Bremner, chef Chuck Hughes' restaurant (we saw him walk through, Shana was all prepared to greet him with "Chuckie!!!" but he never reappeared after walking back to the kitchen, must have slipped out the back when he heard there was a bachelorette party ;)

The restaurant was tucked away off the street, we even walked past it once. Really cool and rustic inside.

 It was probably the best meal I've ever had. Our first course of fresh oysters (that arrived that day we were told) with 2 amazing garnishes -


And then lobster pizza that you can hardly see but was the best thing I've ever eaten in my life, so much cheese, herbs, a large egg over it and huge chunks of lobster. Heaven.


Our main course of jalapeno cornbread with garlic rock shrimp was just okay ;-)


We didn't order dessert because that would have definitely been a "night ender" according to Shana haha but we did have amazing wine and the best tequila shots ever, was really good tequila and then chased with fresh pineapple and basil. Later that night I randomly said, "Y'all those shots with the mango and mint were so good!"

 Our waiter Raphael didn't know what to think about us at first but as you can see he became besties with the bachelorette by the end of the dinner, even though this scene was reenacted at one point during our time there.


I asked Shana how excited would she be if I surprised her and brought him as my date to the wedding haha.

Out and about after dinner -


Made our way to a bar called Philemon Bar

Oh hey!

Seemed to be a pretty typical Montreal scene


I'm looking a little rougher as the night wore on haha.


 Walking back to our hotel this random guy yelled, "Ms. Canada! Ms. Canada can I take a picture with you?!" After appeasing him Shana said, "Alright Ms. Canada needs to go now" haha.


 Saint James hotel, didn't quite capture it at night but as we were walking I gasped at how pretty it was -


The next day in front of it


A pretty church


We strolled around the city and walked along the Old Port


Easily entertained


Then we got lunch at the cutest spot -


 This doesn't look that great but it was maybe the best chicken salad I've ever had -


 Back to Vermont where I stayed one more night at Shana and Tim's condo in Stowe. Jake was back from the family he was staying with, I hadn't seen him since my last visit to Vermont over a year ago.


 And this pretty much sums up how we were feeling -


That night we ordered pizza and watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and the movie Friends with Kids (which was awful, the movie not HBB ;)


Even Jake was exhausted, the family he stayed with had a puppy that wore him out


 Monday afternoon Tim drove me to the airport where I had a fun 12 hour delay ridden travel day back to the Atl, but totally worth it for such a fun trip :)


Stowe is beautiful!


Can't wait to go back in less than a month for their wedding!

The restaurant in Montreal where Tim and Shana celebrated their engagement :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow--what a fun trip!
The food looks great and the hotel is so pretty.
Love Shana's sash, and the Miss Canada story is
a classic. Glad you all had fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails