Tim scooped up all of J's poop before we left. Aren't you glad I'm sharing these special moments? I like J's face, he looks embarrassed.
We picked Chris up from the airport and headed straight for the slopes!
Dinner at the original Flatbread in Waitsfield, VT. Amazing salad, pizza and beer.
Day 3, Saturday - Brunch at Sneakers, a visit to Tim and Shana's office in Winooski and shopping around Burlington, then we went on a tour of the Magic Hat Brewing Co where we got unlimited free samples :-)
DrUnK. Not really, just precocious :- )
I can't believe Chris followed my instruction to pose in front of this back drop -
Then Shana had us drive through a pretty farm in Waterbury, VT. A few pics I snapped from the car -
Doesn't this look like the setting of a Jane Austen novel?
Happy hour with self named "Vermont's favorite couple" at the Bearded Frog. They love their plaid!
We indulged in a really nice dinner at The Kitchen Table Bistro in Richmond. Fresh, gourmet local food. These were two of our appetizers - a cheese platter and fresh veggies with goat cheese and potato gnocchi. We also had mussels that were amazing. For my entree I had the house special of sausage with veggies and a scoop of homemade white chocolate strawberry ice cream. I slept well that night :-)
Day 4, last full day - We went shopping, drinking and eating downtown. I liked this fun painting that was hanging in a bar -
I call them Vermont's sassiest couple!
Just drinking a beer with the locals after a satisfying turkey burger and fries at the Farm House.
Day 5, Monday - Was supposed to fly back to the Atl but woke up to all this!!!
30 inches - They said on the news it was the 5th largest snowstorm in Vermont history, and they didn't even know it was coming! Somebody had to have been fired.
The airport shut down for the day and the next flight I could get on was 5:30 AM Wednesday. Ick. But at least I got to spend lots of down time with the furry babies and Chris while Tim and Shana worked.
I thought she could use a little exercise, so we played with the laser pointer
and then I gave her some zero calorie vitamin water. Healthy Fredo!
K get ready for cute overload, J LOVES snow!
Believe it or not I took even more pics than these, these are just the esp cute ones!
In his Lands End coat that has his name on it
I wish I had the same fervor for life that Jake has. I guess my equivalent to Jake playing in the snow would be visiting a new frozen yogurt spot with lots of different flavors or hitting the sales at just the right time at Anthropologie.
Seriously, could he be any cuter?!
Then Chris and I went to the drug store and ate a ton of peeps! Not really I just snapped a pic because I thought it was funny they had so many. I'm guessing they'll have the same amount after Easter, too.
2 comments:
Fun! looks like a great trip, love all the snow! Sounds like ya'll had a great time :)
loooove the pictures of Jake playing in the snow! cute "furry babies" haha
I want to go to Burlington.
Post a Comment