Tuesday, April 10

Weekend Pics

On Friday my good girlfriend Hannah here in Atlanta got engaged! So we all gathered for a celebratory dinner at Nava.

When I snapped this pic our friend Andy said, "You can't even see her because her ring is so big!" :)


I've said this before on here but one of the things I love about living in a big city like Atlanta are the endless restaurant and nightlife options. I'd never been to Nava before despite living a mile and a half down the road from it for the past three and a half years, haha. It's an upscale Mexican restaurant. Loved their sangria!


After dinner the group headed to Buckhead Saloon. A few of us girls were dancing out on the dance floor and this random guy came up and started dancing with us, I cannot even begin to describe some of his dance moves, if you want to even call them that (like I have any room to talk), it was hilare!

Hannah/Maltipoo, Me/Pom and Chrissy/Pony (refer to this post if you aren't in the loop on our animal counterparts)


Matt proudly posing with his fellow brown bear behind the bar, ya know because he's a baby bwown beayah.


Saturday morning I met Sheena and Allison at the Marietta Square Farmers' Market. With our lattes and hot tea in hand we got some great produce, Sheena some chicken pot pies for that night's dinner, fresh flowers and lots of other stuff!


Danger! Ashlison outside in the sunshine! My neck did get burnt :-( I was a bit of a mess that day, I forgot to get cash out, lost my cardigan and forgot where I parked. Thank goodness for sweet, patient friends. Allison didn't complain or act annoyed once with my aimless wondering with a giant plant and bags in hand. Found my car eventually, it was definitely in the opposite direction from where I thought it was, oopsie.


But despite the drama I just love going to the farmer's market, it's one of my happy places. Sheena and I were very excited about all the cavaliers there!




Cavalier kisses


Baby goats at a goat cheese stand, eeee!


And an impromptu golden party!


I got some fresh kale that I've been putting in my smoothies. It tastes way better than it looks. I put OJ, banana, apple and frozen strawberries with it. I want to get some ginger root, love ginger in the juices I get from Whole Foods.


And I got a passion fruit plant for my balcony! This is the first outside plant I've ever gotten. My parents gave me 2 big pots of marigolds one year for my birthday but I decided the upkeep would have been a tad ambitious, so we'll see how this one fares. The people I bought it from seemed confident it would do well in direct sunlight, I just need to get a different pot so I won't have to water it so much. Me and plants don't have the greatest track record...


This is what a passion flower looks like, I noticed one last night.


And their fruit! I would be ecstatic if I could grow fruit on my little balcony!


Okay now get excited for my upcoming blog posts:

~Tomorrow night my kick ball team is dressing up as trolls, I can't wait! My color is silver. I asked Chrissy/Pony if I could borrow her sequin Tory Reva flats, they would be great for playing kick ball in. Some of the girls are even making belly button pieces for us all to wear!


~Pics of my newly painted condo

~Leaving for Kiawah Island in 2 days!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails