Friday, January 14

What I've been loving in 2011

Here's a few things I've been using and loving over the past few weeks -

Who doesn't love new calendars? I've been so excited to bust out my daily Scrabble calendar that Chelsea sent me for my birthday in August. I have it at work and everyday is a a different exercise or expert tip. The word scrambles are really hard! Now if my favorite Scrabble opponent didn't live in Kentucky, and soon to be a New Orleans resident, I could really put my newly honed skills to the test.


I got this desk pad calendar at Target for work and it has already transformed my life. There really is something to writing it down that eases anxiety, whether it's a dentist appointment, a birthday or the date of the Georgia Half Marathon (yep I'm doing it in March! will blog about that later...), I love having it all clearly down in front of me.


Anyone remember when I blogged about wanting this Etsy calendar last year? (Sarah?! I always test her to see if she remembers my posts, just a fun game we play that never gets old.) My bro Chris gave it to me for Christmas. It looks so cute up in my bedroom. It's a huge step forward that he didn't get me my usual US Weekly subscription this year. Chris says he feels better about himself for not enabling me.


Another kudos to Chris for gifting me with this adorable ladybug timer, too!


You may also remember that I blogged about getting a haircut at the Van Michael Salon back in November. Upon stressing to my stylist that I wanted lots of volume, she highly recommended that I buy some hot rollers. I used them some growing up but haven't in forever. I bought these Conair rollers from Target the day after my appointment, didn't use them for awhile but then tried them and loved them. After I blow dry my hair straight with a round brush and lots of shine syrum to avoid frizzies, just put them on, leave for 15 minutes or so and then voila! seemingly effortless, bouncy hair.

My bro Tim and his girlfriend Shana have raved about their Sonicare toothbrushes. I think Tim even once told me that it would change my life. Well my parents gave me one for Christmas and I have to say that I do love it. It has a 2 minutes timer that automatically goes off. It's definitely one of those items that you don't know how you ever lived without it.


I know I'm not alone when I say I'm a chapstick junkie. My lips are never chapstick, lip balm or lip gloss free. I just feel gross. While Kiehls has to be my ultimate fav, I've been loving Burt's Bee's latest kind, acai berry. No color, not glossy and very moisturizing, just what I look for in a chapstick.

Lindt chocolate. Y-U-M. I had a bar in my Christmas stocking and was very thankful for it while being stranded at my condo this week (see previous post). I tried to tally up the calories and burn them off on the treadmill, I'm sure my counting was spot on.


And I watched Mad Men season 1 this past week. Obsessed. If anyone has seasons 2 and 3 please let me know immediately! I would order them online but I am so poor right now from the holidays and this is really gross I know, but today I chipped a tooth at work and had to have a crown put on :( And it cost me $500 ugghh. Now that is one thing I am definitely not loving about 2011.


5 comments:

sarah said...

I absolutely love it when you quiz me on stuff you've written on your blog. Best game ever....;-)

sarah said...

Oh and I meant to ask why the toothbrush needs an automatic timer?
Are you supposed to brush until it shuts off or do some people actually forget to turn it of or something?

Anonymous said...

So that's why your hair looks so good!
Glad you like your toothbrush--wish I'd gotten myself one--just a random gift at the last minute.
I'm glad you didn't say anything about snow!

Kb_Mal said...

You have some great loves here but I have to comment on Mad Men. Love, bordering on obsession, for me. We have seen seasons 2 and 3 but never saw 1 - just went back and watched. Gah, amazing.

Chels said...

Yay! Scrabble :) We will play lots when we go to the lake. Also, Mom got Bananagrams for the fam for Christmas and we love it! Chloe calls it "fun scrabble."

Related Posts with Thumbnails