MTV's Teen Mom = Complete train wreck. And I know by continuing to watch it and then blog about it is only contributing to its sad factor. I never really understood the appeal but after catching part of an episode here and there I did find it to be pretty fascinating. It's like an unglamorous reality TV version of the movie Juno.
Yesterday the Today show featured "sweet" Amber, one of the teen moms (in the pic). The show has filmed her multiple times beating up on the baby daddy while the baby was in the same room. Child Protective Services is now involved and have launched an investigation because of those scenes. Isn't that crazy?! I agree with Matt Lauer (I'll never understand why Tim hates him), how could the MTV camera crew just stand there filming and not do a thing to stop the chaos? This isn't a screaming match between Lauren and Heidi in an LA nightclub on The Hills. I just feel so sorry for these innocent children and hope the show's popularity will enable the parents to get help they may not could have otherwise received, and not fall into the Jon and Kate quest for more fame and $. Yeah I'm definitely trying to say something redeeming to justify my watching it.

From one of my fav topics, pop culture, to another, delish food. Strawberries and cream scone from Panera consumed this morning (Hey I shared). I highly recommend getting a My Panera card. It's free and when you get a certain amount of points you get free stuff. I'd only used it a couple times and then I got a free pastry. Yay!

I LOVE this repurposed printer drawer jewelry hanger on Etsy. Just what I need for my habit of chronically buying earrings from Forever 21.
And this calendar on Etsy. I don't even want to post the link because I hope someone in my family buys it for me for Christmas - There's not many! (I emailed them the link this morning) Haha yeah I'm flattering myself, like my hundreds of blog followers are going to rush to buy it as soon as I post the link. Oh and my friend Allison wants the jewelry hanger so don't buy that either.
I need jeggings, STAT! I can't tell you how many mornings have been spent wrestling to get my jeans perfectly tucked into my boots, never really getting them perfect and running out the door sweating and frazzled. These are from JCrew.

This bedroom is my happy place. Before and after pics on DesignSponge. And here's decor inspired by apple picking, so cute!


2 comments:
you dont need to justify watching Teen Mom because WHO could tear their eyes away??? But, I think its good that they're exposed as horrible human beings. So when they watch themselves on TV, maybe they'll see the light?
Jeggings? I didn't know that was a thing, but I agree you need them. I also have watched Teen Mom with my mouth hanging open. I will say though that sometimes sleep deprivation leaves you a little weird and frustrated. Mix that with extreme immaturity, complete lack of respect for themselves and others, and ridiculously dysfunctional families and you get a horror movie!
Post a Comment