Tuesday, January 11

Snow Day #2

Yep, Atlanta has been shut down for another day.

Here's what I've done today-

8:15 AM: Awoken by my alarm. Layed in bed and listened to The Bert Show where they called a bed and breakfast and a mechanic in England with fake accents. It was actually really funny.

8:30 AM: Up, and by up I mean sitting up in bed, on email and watching the news. And I remembered the horrible dream I had last night - A crazy black kitten would not leave me alone! He was clawing and hanging on me. I was at all different places and almost everyone I know was in this dream at some point. I pleaded with everyone to help me contain the rapid kitten in a shoebox or crate. I went to get Annie's crate but it was filled to the brim with treats. He ended up in the trunk of a car and we took the devil kitten to some kind of weird dreamlike vet, where he still wouldn't leave me alone. Everything I read online about dreaming about black cats scratching at you was definitely not good :(

LEAVE ME ALONE!

8:35: Put on my new cozy moccasins and a coat and walked down to the lobby and outside to check out the damage. Ice everywhere.

Obsessed with these shoes, SO comfy
8:45: Decision made that driving would end my life. Or wreck my car.

9-12ish: Sat in bed with coffee, a Luna bar (peanut butter cookie yum) and my laptop staying on top of work emails.

12:15 pm: Decided to take Sarah's advice and bundled up (little brother Christmas Story getup), packed my laptop and books and trudged to Panera next door. (I called before to make sure they were open) I almost had dramatic falls about 4 times.

12:30: After scouring Panera for the perfect nook and an available outlet for my ancient and deteriorating laptop, I'm all set up with a Diet Coke, turkey sandwich and Greek salad.

2:20: "Excuse me, miss? We closed at 2." I looked up from intently tagging people in pics on Facebook, "Oh! I had no idea, okay sorry." So I packed up my things and headed home to the "Be careful's!" from the employees happy to see me go.

2:45 - Present: Camped out on the couch with my laptop, 3 episodes of Mad Men watched, my daily One Year Bible entry read and a chapter of the last Sookie Stackhouse book read. (yes I realize those are literally complete opposites) Oh and had a major snack attack. It was bad. Fruit snacks, Sour Patch Kids and Trader Joe's cinnamon pita chips.

Warm and cozy in my little den -


We'll see if tomorrow holds the same excitement.

3 comments:

Dawn Gahan said...

The Gahan Girls watched over the last two days:

Mean Girls
10 Things I Hate About You
Juno
500 Days of Summer
Pollyanna
The Parent Trap
This Is It (Michael Jackson)
Season 5 of The Office
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

I need to go back to work. Period.

(And yes, Gideon and Jake are so the Abercrombie boys of the dog world.)

sarah said...

Sounds like a great day!
And its kind of funny that you keep having dreams about crazy cats...:)

Anonymous said...

the black cat dream is so crazy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails