Last night I got dinner and drinks with friends at one of the places on my Atlanta bucket list, Cafe Intermezzo. Absolutely loved and knew I would. My friend Chrissy refers to it as her happy place. They have an enormous drink menu, I'm talking like 50 pages, literally a book of coffee selections, specialty martinis and anything else you could want. Their food and desserts are incredible, too. We got goat cheese medallions - breaded herb goat cheese baked to a golden brown, served with roasted red pepper coulis, that were pure heaven. My caprese panini wasn't so bad either. I think I've reached my cheese quota for the year though. Ha who am I kidding like that's even possible. This is definitely going to be a frequent spot for out of town visitors.

Did anyone watch the new 30 Rock on at a new later time last night? I did! Definitely still has its entertaining moments but in my opinion has lost some of its spark.

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills finale was on last night, too. Sisters Kim (far left) and Kyle (brunette in the center) went at each other again over Kim not sticking up for Kyle when Camille (far right) accused Kyle of saying no one cares about her without her now ex-husband Kelsey Grammer. Kyle, "You were there! Why didn't you stick up for me and say I didn't say that?!" Kim in her creepy childlike man voice, "I don't like conflict! I get nervous!" I just can't get enough of the drama and am always sad when a Real Housewives season ends, but the reunions are always intense and Atlanta is still going strong: NeNe to Kim (different Kim), "You're just a dumb blonde!" Kim's response, "Well you're a dumb bitch!"

I finished the last Sookie Stackhouse book this week. Read all 10 of them. So addicting. I may have lost a few brain cells but totally worth it. Cannot wait for book 11, Dead Reckoning, out in May. (Read chapter 1 here!) You can see I have very high standards for my entertainment.

Can you believe this is the author, Charlaine Harris, behind the racy series?

And just because, here is my fav actor on the HBO show, Alexander Skarsgard as the vampire Eric -

Alex (ok if I call you that?) if you're reading this you need to dump Kate Bosworth and go out with me. My email is in the left column.

Moving on from reality tv and vampires...
If you're struggling with dry hair this season than I highly recommend Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom. I would actually recommend any of Kiehl's products but this one I think is particularly worth the price. Just rub a dime sized amount throughout just washed wet hair and you will immediately see a difference after blow drying. With my workout schedule there is just no way around not washing my hair every day. I have tried dry shampoo and hate it. I just don't feel clean and alert at work if I haven't washed my hair in the shower. My hairdressers tell me my hair is really healthy so I'm just going to keep applying lots of conditioners.

Speaking of my workout schedule, I am still obsessed with spinning and always try to make make the Monday and Wednesday evening classes and sometimes a weekend morning class. I finally invested in these spin shoes and they are definitely worth it. If I'm going to put in the time and effort I want to get as much out of it as possible. "Welcome to the club" one of my instructors told me when helping me getting them clipped into the pedals.

My office mate Gale and I drew up another diet contract. No eating junk food at the office or pay up $10. My chronic lack of moderation is what drives me to these desperate measures.
I mentioned in passing a couple posts ago that I am running the Georgia Half Marathon on March 20. I've made an intense schedule for myself on an Excel spreadsheet and have a few friends doing it with me to hold myself accountable. (Rachel is coming in from Ky for it!) If you've known me longer than a few years than you know that this really is a life changing thing for me. I've always been active, played sports and regularly gone to the gym, but have just never been a runner. Side stitches, boredom and just not being in optimum shape deterred me from it. So not to toot my own horn too much, I'm pretty darn proud of myself! Okay maybe I'm getting a tad ahead of myself considering I haven't even done the race yet ;-)
Happy Friday!!!


3 comments:
1. Kim (from Beverly Hills) is super annoying and I'm glad you pointed out her creepy voice.
2. That picture of the author is hilarious and I cant believe she's the one that wrote all that...I wonder what she's like in real life?? Probably a perv.
3. I will fight you over Alex. (but thanks for posting pics of him)
4. I am so proud of you for being a runner and training for a half marathon! If I were you, I'd work that into as many convo's as possible.
I'm glad you finally got your shoes--where did you find them?
I'm proud of you training for the race, too! You should feel good about it, too.
your training for a half marathon? Your just became my new hero. When I grow up I want to train for a half marathon.
Post a Comment