If you've been around me for more than 5 minutes, than you know how big my sweet tooth is. No movie, workday, festivity or event is complete without some kind of treat. I think Lamar Odom could be my brother.

So you can only imagine what this time of year is like for me. My office is literally a battle field of cookies, cupcakes, bagels and candy to avoid like land mines.
Extreme measures are needed - A contract was written up between my coworkers Gale, Kimmy and I.

It says, "Kimmy, Ashley and Gale will not eat any office crap until November 19, 2010. (The day of our office Thanksgiving Feast, after that a more conducive contract for the Christmas season will be drawn up) This includes bagels, desserts, candy - anything that sits out in the kitchen or Creative Dept. area.
Disclaimers for each of us:
Kimmy - She can take home gifts and goodies from vendor baskets. Beer is allowed. And she can eat the 4 pieces of candy she hoarded in her desk drawer from trick or treating last week.
Ashley - She can have 1 slice of pizza and salad that are provided in a weekly dept. meeting. Frozen yogurt no more than twice a week - Hey if I cut myself off completely I'll end up gorging and laughing and crying at the same time while foaming at the mouth. No one wants that.
Gale - Allowed to take home crap. Beer on Friday
If the terms of this are broken, $10 will be paid to each person.
And then our names signed in blood.
Our coworker Melanie asked, "So what's the reward?" Kimmy replied, "Not being a fat ass."

3 comments:
this is a great idea. I should have thought of it when I worked at mars hill...
Great post, I laughed like crazy and love your contract, although I think not having a fat ass is over-rated. There are lots of treats I'd trade for a little bit of padding...maybe a few more laps around the arboretum...
lamar odom looks sneaky--he knows he shouldn't be eating all that candy....
Post a Comment