Tuesday, December 7

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Popped in one of my fav holiday movies while cleaning and crafting this past weekend, Elf!

"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."

Put up a few small decorations around my condo. My little Ikea chandelier has been "winterized" (It looks much prettier and sparklier in person) -


Mini tree that my mom gave me last year. I should probably get some more ornaments or have none at all.

I absolutely love these hand drawn bichon frise ornaments that Courtney made me 2 Christmas's ago for our office secret santa swap. (I don't know why I linked her blog since she hasn't updated it in over a year but you can see how talented she is)


Another baby tree. These have been in my family longer than I have. Oh and see that little red book to the right of it? That's the flip book they made at the Belk event of Allison and I dancing, so cute!


Now here is my office I share with Gale. Pics so do not do it justice. Her seven year-old daughters came in one day last week and made a chain out of wrapping paper. I would like to say that they made all of them, but sadly most were my doing, a completely normal thing for a twenty six year-old to do during her work day. Oh and see the lights around our marker board of doom? (where we write down all the current jobs everyone is working on)



Tried to capture the room from different angles. It's by far the most festive office in the agency!


My lil tree I got for $5 from Party City (that just happen to be in the same shopping center as Menchies)


Christmas Tree in my office building's lobby. I wish I could be Sookie from True Blood so I could know what the security guard was thinking when I snapped this picture, probably "Poor girl. I guess she doesn't have her own tree at home."


In other Christmas "happenings," Hayley and I braved the frigid weather to run Santa's Safety Run 5K in Inman Park this past Sunday morning. No it wasn't snowing, but it might as well have been, brrrr it was soooooo cold and windy! Not sure if Hayley is ever going to forgive me for dragging her there.


And we had the great idea of taking Marta from Buckhead so we wouldn't have to worry about parking. (A chronic concern for Atlantans) Bad, bad decision. I left my condo at 9:20am and we didn't make it to Inman Park until about 10:45am and missed the start of the race thanks to the Sunday schedule and construction. You can see straight through our plastered on grins how cold and miserable we were (and pretty!) -


DISGUSTING PIC OF ME. Ewewewew. I obviously don't have very high standards about what I will post on here. So I ended up running the 5K all the way through, first time I've ever been able to do that. I have always hated running with a passion until this past year. So this was a huge feat for me and I've decided I want to work up to a half marathon. Lots of stories and drama will ensue from that I'm sure. Well after the race and our epic Marta journey we rewarded ourselves with a brunch buffet at Lenox Grill. I think I'm eating a grape here -


You would have thought we'd just ran a marathon from how much we ate. It was the best brunch buffet EVER. They had make your own crepes, omelets and funnel cakes. Biscuits, scones and eggs benedict. Anything you could imagine. I asked two of my coworkers to name a breakfast food that they didn't have to which their replies were "Spam" and "Scrapple." You get the idea.


And I saw 2 movies from my Holiday Movie List. Burlesque - Christina and the music was awesome but they could have done without any plot or acting whatsoever. I say wait for the DVD.


And Love and Other Drugs. I liked it a lot and not what I was expecting at all. I give it an A - !


1 comment:

sarah said...

1 I watched Elf on TV this weekend too!!!
2 OK I love that tree with only bichon ornaments. Please don't change it haha. And the chandelier looks so pretty.
3 I can totally see you taking a pic of that tree while a security guard looks on....
4. I am so proud of and in awe of your running capabilities now. I could never do that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails