Last night I attended the Atlanta Junior League's Little Black Dress event where Belk closed its doors to the public so guests could shop and enjoy drinks, hors d'oeuvres, desserts, live music, ballet performances, giveaways and other fun activities. It was the 3rd year I'd been invited by my former colleague Katy and I always look forward to it. I can't believe I've been in Atlanta this long! Time really does fly.
Allison and I with our pomegranate martinis
Allison and I with our pomegranate martinis
A fun photo shoot where they filmed guests in these silly props dancing around and then each person got a picture flip book of their group.
I took home enough perfume samples to choke all the horses in Kentucky. (My mom and grandmother always say stuff like, "That's strong enough to choke a horse!") Men in Santa hats were handing them out and I took one every time it was offered.
Most everything in the store was 20% off for the event, even on top of sales. Last year I bought a classic khaki trench coat and the year before a great pair of caramel colored boots. I had planned on just shopping for Christmas presents, unless I found a great deal, which I knew was likely :) And I found these amazing over the knee boots. They were 40% off plus I got the event discount on top of that, so they ended up being like $40. A steal! And you have to admit, they're pretty hot.
Unveiled them at work today, you know because ad agencies don't have dress codes. Earlier this week my boss told me I wasn't sassy enough for over the knee boots (aka "stripper boots") and I think I proved that I'm plenty sassy. I wore them folded below the knee like in the above pic, just wanted to show the full effect. (I'm not that sassy for work)
I have taken good care of my coworker Kimmy's ball chair while she has been on vaca at Disney World this week. I've asked for one for Christmas. I want a strong core, y'all! And think about how much time we spend at our desks. Actually don't it's too depressing.
Today was my office's Thanksgiving potluck. I brought green marshmallow salad, a favorite in my family. Like the Pioneer Woman who blogs every step of a recipe, here's the poor man's version of it:
You start with extremely high quality and healthy ingredients -
You start with extremely high quality and healthy ingredients -
Mix the pistachio pudding mix and canned crushed pineapple to make this delicious looking concoction
Then stir in the cool whip and marshmallows
Perfection!!!
Ok, get ready to be shocked...
My marshmallow salad was not a hit today.
"How did you get it green?" "Do you ever make it in different colors?" And the people who did try it literally just ate one single marshmallow. I thoughtfully put a dollop on a coworker's plate to try and all she did was yell at me to not get it on her bread.
Sigh. This is like the story about the abused pit bull puppy I read about in Ladies' Home Journal at the doctor this morning. Just because something may not be pretty doesn't mean you won't love it.
I guess if I'd never seen it before I wouldn't shove someone out of the way to get myself a heaping serving of the green goop. But I promise, it really is good!
"How did you get it green?" "Do you ever make it in different colors?" And the people who did try it literally just ate one single marshmallow. I thoughtfully put a dollop on a coworker's plate to try and all she did was yell at me to not get it on her bread.
Sigh. This is like the story about the abused pit bull puppy I read about in Ladies' Home Journal at the doctor this morning. Just because something may not be pretty doesn't mean you won't love it.
I guess if I'd never seen it before I wouldn't shove someone out of the way to get myself a heaping serving of the green goop. But I promise, it really is good!
And there were quite a few other dishes to choose from -
Just wish we'd had more desserts...

3 comments:
I so want those boots!
What a great post! And you are plenty sassy! (p.s. why didn't you tell me they were that cheap after all the discounts? I would have bought some, too - OMG!). Thanks for coming to the Belk event!
Katy
www.lifefulfilledatlanta.blogspot.com
I don't see why people don't like the green salad--it's great!
Post a Comment