My morning commute. I live 3.3 miles from my office and according to Google maps it should take me just 8 minutes. WRONG. It’s not accounting for the 5 bajillion stoplights I go through on Peachtree Rd. While my commute is by no means bad compared to most who drive in from OTP (Atlanta speak for outside the perimeter/city), it’s just annoying how in theory it should take me no time to get to and from work. I’ve been making this commute for over a year and I still haven’t figured out the rhyme or reason behind the timing of the lights. How they manage to make them inconsistent is a mean engineering trick. Stopping and going for 20 minutes is a really fun way to begin the day.
Planted some parsley in a cup that I got from a grad school fair last night. (They were giving out all sorts of random stuff - I got chap stick from Emory, hand sanitizer from UGA, a jump drive from Kennesaw State) I said “Happy Birthday” to the little seeds sitting atop the dirt. Why am I so weird?
After I got out of the shower last night I looked in the mirror and noticed red marker along my hairline above my forehead. I don’t recall getting red marker on my hand and then rubbing the edge of my hairline. Oh and this was about 9 pm, so thanks to all my coworkers and friends for not noticing. I’m sure I made a great impression at the grad school fair. I think I’m going to start testing people, like I’m going to come to work wearing a clown nose and see if anyone says anything.
I just saw this on YogurBerry’s Facebook Page - "Pumpkin Spice Yogurberry has been introduced last week but sold out quickly, so we'll be bringing that back soon~! Stay tuned!" HOW DID I MISS THIS!!! I just called and harassed YB and they said they only had it on Halloween day and that they won’t have it again until Nov. 26 and 27 when I’ll be in Roswell. Why are they only having it for 1 or 2 days at a time?!
That The Office just isn’t that good anymore. It still has its moments, but overall is just completely ridiculous. Like last night when Michael and Andy spontaneously decided to jump on the bus with the youth group going to build a school in Mexico for 3 months? Yeah I think they’ve officially run out of semi believable storylines. But Angela getting caught with scones in her purse was pretty funny.

4 comments:
:-( TGIF?
But I totally agree about the Office. I don't really watch it anymore.
the red mark is my favorite. you ought to do something to see if anyone would say anything--maybe tone it down from a clown nose though!
Aw, Ashley. Hope you had a relaxing weekend. And I just wanted to let you know you did not have red marker along you hairline when I saw you at lunch :) xoxo
I started watching 30 Rock and think it's funnier than the office...I laughed all through this post, clown nose for sure.
Post a Comment