Wednesday, July 28

Fav contemporary author


is by far Atlanta based author Emily Giffin. She is just amazing. I have absolutely loved every single one of her five books, including her latest "Heart of the Matter" that I just finished last night. She writes about everyday relatable issues, but she is a superb writer and story teller that you can't put the book down until you have resolution on what happens to her characters. I think what makes her stand out from the pack is that any writer can entertain it's reader with a story full of unexpected twists and turns (ahem, Twilight), but what makes me enjoy her books is it's not your typical beach read "fluff." Yes she does fall under the chick-lit category, but definitely much more revealing and in depth than your average summer read. I highly recommend checking her out if you haven't already. And her first novel, "Something Borrowed", is being made into a film starring Kate Hudson, out in 2011!

1 comment:

Chels said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I didn't know about the movie! I can't wait and just re-read something borrowed and blue because I bought them on the bargain table at Jo Beth...oh the characters and the internal struggles with real-life issues.

Related Posts with Thumbnails