Hi! I am not thrilled that it's Monday, weekend went by way too fast. But have just a 3 day work week, leaving for Vermont on Thursday for Tim and Shana's wedding, can't believe it's here!
A few random updates of what I've been up to -
I have been wanting an antique mantle for my living room area in my condo. Since my place is so small and a little older I like the cozy, shabby chic vibe for it. I've been on the hunt for the perfect mantle for the past year, all the ones I've found were either too big and bulky or too pricey. But I finally found just the right one for the right price at Highland Row Antiques -
HRA started following me on Instagram so I followed them back, they post pics of stuff they get in and when I saw a pic of the mantle I made a beeline there to look at it on my lunch break. The seller hadn't even priced it yet. About a week later it was all mine thanks to them holding it for me. I borrowed Dawn's jeep to go pick it up but it didn't fit :-( Then I borrowed a nice coworker's truck and got it home safe and sound!
Love my mantle :) Now I just need to find/make something to go in the hearth, am thinking some big candles or a painted fake log wrapped in lights.
I also love this burlap wreath Allison made me for my birthday!
You know you're good friends with someone when you can send a message that says, "Make me this for my birthday please" :-)
The latter part of my week last week was super crazy at work so I stayed in Friday night, you know cause I'm usually out at the clubs ;-) The weather was beautiful this weekend, I went for a run around Buckhead on Saturday and then a long jog and walk in Chastain Park on Sunday. Glad I stayed in Friday night because I needed to rest up for this on Saturday -
My first time going to Music Midtown. 52K people out in Piedmont Park. It was crazy but fun!
With Sheena and Allison while Ludacris was on -
After Ludacris was the Neon Trees followed by Florence + The Machine which I was very excited about since they are one of my fav bands. I've seen them once before at The Fox but since then I've listened to their music a lot more.
A random woman came up to me and said, "Florence! You look just like Florence!"
We tried to get a little closer to the stage for them but the crowd was ridic, so many drunk people crammed together, not pleasant.
Last song, Dog Days Are Over
Then Girl Talk, we didn't get up close for them obvi
Pearl Jam finished out the festival, but after having been out in the sun and drinking beer all day I was spent.
I don't know how people go to festivals that are several days and camp there!
Sunday I just ran errands, got sushi for dinner with Chrissy and our friend Abby then I made these healthy pumpkin cookies I pinned -
Don't know why they called them cookies they are def not sweet, I cheated and put some dark chocolate chips in one batch. If I make them again I will def add Splenda and cinnamon.
Excited for fall and ready to bake all things pumpkin and apple!

2 comments:
jealous, that festival sounded fun! would love to try those cookies with the chocolate in them!
Your antique mantle is perfect!!! Can't wait to see it in person :) and music midtown was such a blast, we must go again next year!!
Post a Comment