Tuesday, September 11

Labor Day Weekend in Kentucky

Spent Labor Day weekend and my birthday at Sarah's cabin in Chaplin, Kentucky! Just now getting around to posting about it, so much going on at work and in life right now.

Sarah's family's cabin, lots of college memories here
I always leave my car at the end of the driveway since it's not equipped to drive up the rocky and winding drive. I pulled in right at the same time as Caris and Brit, jumped out to greet them and locked my keys in the car, ugh! I was so tired from the drive I wasn't thinking.


 Thankfully a towing company was quick to respond. But then I did something really, really dumb. As I was loading my things into Caris's four runner, I ended up locking HER keys in her car! Worst moment ever when I realized it. Joe the tow company guy was literally pulling away right after I did it. I sprinted over to Sarah and when I told her we considered chasing him down in her truck but was a moment too late. He came back out after I had to put in a new request through my insurance. (That was a fun phone call) Not my proudest moment.

But cuddle time with Baby V made me feel much better -


 It was my actual birthday and they had decorated!

 
I had a cupcake sippy cup for my margarita, haha. And a princess hat and boa that was meant for a 6 year old. I was trying to smile and drink at the same time here -


Party time!


After chicken fajitas for dinner Sarah brought out cupcakes! My fav was the mini chocolate chip cookie dough filled one.


But they were all delish!


Presents! Love everything they gave me :)


Just hanging out the next day -


We played Skip-Bo and Scrabble. Never a shortage of food when we get together.  Chels made her guacamole and Brit made bean dip, our favs!


I couldn't stop taking pics of Baby V!


He is seriously one of the best babies ever, one of the balloons taped to a chair popped in his face when he was being held and he didn't even cry!


Ready for a walk -


So pretty and peaceful there


Brit and Chels and their bumps :-)  Chels is due in just a couple weeks and Brit is due at the beginning of next year.


Hi!


Twins!


Gimme!


The other girls had to go back Saturday night but Sarah and I stayed until Monday. Was great to just have a couple days of downtime.

Sipping coffee and reading the next morning on the back porch -


We made breakfast sandwiches and Chels also made her amazing vanilla bean scones. I feel so lucky to have friends who are such great cooks!


Had so much fun relaxing and doing stuff around their land. We rode the four wheeler that's called a rhino, basically a fast golf cart, that is super fun to drive around and ride in. We also went on a canoe ride and some long walks (3-Day training!).


Rainy afternoon of Scrabble and wine :)


We also played a spirited game of Jenga which we won because we used all the pieces without knocking it over. I know we're amazing.


The driveway that leads to the cabin -


A camera phone pic of the moon one night haha, it was SO bright I could have read a book out there.


Back to Atlanta on Monday where I rarely take time to look up and notice the night sky. So glad I got to spend the long holiday weekend and my birthday in Kentucky with some of my best, lifelong friends :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday weekend.
The baby is sooo adorable!
I love the look on your face with the finished Jenga--so proud.

Chels said...

It was so fun to see ya'll, wish I could have stayed longer. I can't wait for gals Christmas weekend!

C.S. said...

Awe these pics are awesome! Had such a great time with you girly, feel privileged that you spent your birthday here with us in KY. Such a fun weekend. Esp locking the 2nd set of keys in the car! ha ha "i thought that little red head did it" ...good times

Related Posts with Thumbnails