Tuesday, July 24

Time

Photo by mindfulness

I occasionally volunteer in the bookstore at Buckhead Church and they have a great library open for volunteers to check out books and cds. I've been picking up some series and listening to them in the car, trying to take advantage of the time I usually just zone out or get extremely annoyed at the lack of rhyme or reason of Atl traffic. I got a 3 part series Andy Stanley did a few years ago called Dealing with Stress thinking it would be a good catch all, especially helpful to listen to on the work commute (not that my commute is bad at all compared to most). I listened to it to and from lunch today and I loved this, If you want God to be there during the stressful times than give him your quality time, too. This really spoke to me because I've been struggling with carving out time during my work week. I work a lot of late nights so I often sleep in as late as I can and then scramble to get ready and get into the office at a decent time. Am definitely going to start making a bigger effort to start the day off better. The Dali Llama recommends practicing meditation in the morning as it sets the tone of the rest of the day. Andy Stanley also said that time is the most valuable asset we have, when we feel like we have no time at all is when it's especially important to carve out the time. I am really going to try and work on this!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails