A very eloquent subject that sums up how I'm feeling about this -
My pale freckly skin has gotten the best of me once again. I went in for my annual body scan about a month ago and they removed a couple of sunspots and sent them to the lab. One on the arch of my right foot came back abnormal and they needed to get more of the cells out. I'm working from home with my foot propped up and hobbling and hopping around my condo, it's quite the site.
Thoughts about this ordeal -
1. The stitches come out in 2 weeks. They said no exercising until then. Needless to say I am not thrilled about this.
2. The guy doing the procedure yesterday said I seemed tough, the first time anyone in my life's ever said that to me. With my pale skin and red hair most people perceive me as delicate. I guess my grilling him about all the different exercise I could do and him shooting them all down contributed to this assessment.
3. He also said in his experience redheads require more numbing medication than the average person. Reason #745 why we're so special :)
4. Most of y'all know I am a creature of habit. Monday and Wednesday are spin class, Tuesday is Pure Barre and small group and Thursday is Pure Barr and kickball. I have such a hard time when I'm taken out of my weekly routine. I think because I live alone and work long hours and late nights my exercise schedule is super important for my mental and and physical health. So I'm going to *try* to not be dramatic about this and hold onto perspective that it's not going to be forever. When I am up running and exercising again I'll just be all the more thankful for my good health. Last year I was in a fender bender on the way to my small group. Lori our group leader acknowledged that it was very frustrating but kindly said to think about the people who are in wheelchairs and unable to drive at all. Not that it's not okay to feel frustrated about life's speed bumps but it's an opportunity to have a new vantage point. I'll be so glad this is behind me when walking 60 miles come this October!
Your Pinspiration for the day -


3 comments:
From one gimp to another . . . we will survive!
Heal quickly.
Dawn E. Girl
Hope you're foot is feeling much better--good attitude!
Sorry about your foot! At least it's on the bottom and doesn't interfere with your foot modeling prospects ;)
Post a Comment