Tuesday, April 24

Pics from Ky Weekend

Allison and I made the drive up Friday afternoon and almost immediately after arriving we headed to Rachel's cute townhouse then out and about downtown. It was Allison's first trip spending time in Lexington (she'd been there once when she was in band at UGA) so it was important to hit the fun and happening spots ;-)


Adam was in town from Atl, too (band aid from an accident with a hockey stick)


Ashlison in the bluegrass!


Kentucky Ale



After a late night out (3am bedtime sheesh!) we went to this delish brunch spot Saturday morning I'd never been to before, Windy Corner Market, where everything is fresh and local, was sooo good!

And I got to meet Caris's baby boy when he woke up from his nap :-)


Here I am holding him looking like a crazy baby snatcher lady


Even though it was very cold and a little rainy we of course had to show Allison some of Brit's family's exotic animals, here is Gunner the camel -

Allison was wearing a white pashmina around her neck that he tried to eat! Sad that her scarf got partially eaten but definitely funny." Of course that happened to me!" she said laughingly.

Sarah just hanging out with the ostriches

They also have a zebra, buffaloes and llamas, so it's pretty much a zoo :-) I love visiting them all when I am in town but because it was so cold and rainy we didn't venture out much.

After brunch and zoo we got showered and ready for Keeneland, and wouldn't you know Ashlison was out on full display in coordinating outfits, I swear we didn't even plan it! Besides the floral dress with the belted cardigan our boots and tights were the exact same colors, haha.


Sarah going against the group ;-)


Although it was chilly it turned out to be a pleasant day at the track. The rain stayed away and we had clubhouse passes to be able to go inside, sit down and walk around in a lot of different areas. I love the paddock where the horses and jockeys walk through on their way to the track.


I heard that the weekend before was record breaking attendance at Keeneland, about 40K people were there! So although it definitely would have been appreciated if the sun had made an appearance it was nice to be able to move around and not wait an hour to buy a drink or place a bet.





We watched a few of the races right up at the fence



We bet on one race and was very nervous about the fate of our $5



The manic outcome


After Keeneland we drove through UK's campus to show Allison some of the high points and we even made a pit stop at my freshman year dorm. Sarah captured this special moment of me bothering a college student asking if we could come in. They thought it was weird/embarrassing but I'm immune to such emotions.


Such a beautiful kitchen, I definitely felt very old, how has it already been 7 years since I lived there?!


After our tour we made a very poor decision, we got pie from Missy's Pies and ate them at Common Grounds. I'm still trying to feel human from all of the weekend's indulgences.

A piece of black bottom banana, peanut butter and brownie. Why we didn't just split one piece, we asked ourselves immediately after.


Dinner that night at Harry's, one of my fav restaurants in Lex, because we were craving salad and sushi. Had an early'ish night then had brunch at Stella's on Sunday morning, another one of my fav spots. Hit up Kroger for some Ale8 then Ashlison headed back down to Atl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun trip, even if it was cold and rainy.
Did you tell people that Allison was your
long- lost twin you discovered living in
Atlanta?
Funny pic of you & Caris' baby--you both
look pretty uncomfortable!

sarah said...

Yay!! Im so glad yall came up for the weekend! Love the 'zoo' pics haha...But now we need to plan a skydiving/farm trip for your next KY vaca :)

Chels said...

You came one week too soon, I'm in KY now! Isn't Windy Corner great!? Same people who own Wallace Station, another place we need to hit up soon!

Allison said...

Such a fun weekend! We will have to do it again very soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails