Tuesday, April 17

Kiawah Pics

Had a wonderful few days in Kiawah with my two girlfriends from college, we laughed, lounged and ate lots of good food, a great trip! Here are loads of pics mostly taken with our phones -

We rode our bikes to the beach everyday, don't think I'd ridden a real bike since the last time I was in Kiawah about two years ago.

Brit and I packed and ready for an afternoon at the beach


The wagon piled high with our chairs, umbrellas and cooler, Sarah pulled it there everyday :-)


Sarah's family's house we stayed in


Here's how my beach routine goes: Slather on spf 100 everywhere for the ride to the beach, umbrella immediately goes up and I stay under it until the danger time (11-2) is over, then I will venture out in short increments to go on a walk or play bocce. As I'm sure you all are well aware, the sun hates my skin :*(

Sarah captured this super attractive pic of us driving the poles into the sand



Umbrella + big hat + sunglasses = :-D


I love the beach in late afternoon and evening


Kiawah is about 40 minutes from Charleston, we drove in one night for dinner, drinks and gelato

Rooftop bar at sunset overlooking downtown Charleston





Pre-dinner round of beachy cocktails, don't know why I'm the only one who turned out clear in this one, haha.


White chocolate praline gelato, I love anything white chocolate! We definitely ate this before dinner haha, although Sarah passed on it because she's always going against what the group does, remember the time she didn't get the same bracelet or her eyebrows threaded with Rachel and I?


Delish seafood dinner at Fleet's Landing. I had seared scallops, Brit had mahi mahi and Sarah had shrimp.


Our table was a map of the SC coastline that I thought was neat


There's Kiawah!


I sat out on the back porch every morning and drank coffee and read


I went on a couple runs on the beach and Brit and Sarah did a Pure Barre video. Brit has perfect form!


One morning we cooked a big breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast


Brit made us fresh smoothies


After breakfast we rode our bikes to a big marshland


Marsh everywhere!


We took the scenic route along the beach back to the house




Lots of wild animals around Kiawah, this sweet deer paid us a visit. We saw them a lot on our bike rides, and a couple scary alligators.


Dinner overlooking the water in Kiawah





Giant pina colada, was more like a dessert


Someone caught a shark that caused a flurry of activity


For dinner the next night we made chicken tacos and Sarah made amazing white queso dip from a recipe found on Pinterest


Happy hour on the beach at sunset on our last night





Now I will warn you about the insanity to come... We may have made a scary movie...

I'm anxiously awaiting Sarah to finish editing it and when she's done I've been given permission to post it on here. The title of it is Blood Beach. You've been warned.

A couple pics of the making of it...


Bahahaha!


2 comments:

sarah said...

Yay! I want to go back right now!!! And I think you're just mad about me going against "the group" because I'm just the only one not being coerced into doing everything u want to do ;) lol. love you!

I cant wait for your next post about Blood Beach! We are sooo artsy and talented.

PS- love the pic of my ass in the air during my 5 seconds of pure barr haha

Anonymous said...

Wow--what a great vacation! Love the house--even if it wasn't on the beach which makes it even better.
Bike riding on the beach looks so fun.
Think I'll pass on "Beach Blood"---ewhh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails