Monday, April 2

Go Cats! | Weekend Updates

I won't assume that all of you know that Kentucky is playing in the NCAA championship game tonight since my cube neighbor and a lot of people at my office didn't even know... But most likely all 5 of you who read this are well aware :-) I'm wearing blue today and am very excited to watch the big game tonight. Proud of my alma mater and to be a Kentucky wildcat! Rawr! Hiss! (frantic clawing at the air) That's a cheer I made up, feel free to do it tonight.


Despite it being a Monday and feeling like this today. Have had a cup of coffee and now onto a big mug of green tea.


Watched the final four games at Austin's house Saturday night, you know where Sheena and Ben live, too ;-)


Ben treated us to a special dinner of "Boston butt" and I got a crash course on how to perfectly make it. "Now don't listen to those clowns who will tell you this way is better," he would say, haha. (I'd never heard the words "Boston butt" uttered before in my life) He got up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning and was the first to arrive at Publix so it could slow cook all day.


It was okay ;-) Kidding of course, we had some delish sandwiches! I said I feel like we are very southern cooking up all this bbq.


Even Austin got a bowl of the BB!


He loves to perch on the arms and back of the couch like a cat so he can see what's going on at all times, and while watching the Kansas game he rested his wittle head on Sheena's shoulder.


So yes that is 2 consecutive blog posts of Austin pics :-)

Sarah texted me this pic of all the craziness on UK's campus! Wish I could watch tonight's game with my college besties.


Overall I had a low key weekend filled with working, getting things done (did my taxes with my dad, a much dreaded chore, pretty much acted like this) and relaxing. Sunday morning I sat on my balcony wrapped in a blanket with a steaming mug of coffee reading and having quiet time.


I really love the Roswell area where my parents live. Last night my mom and I got dinner and sat outside at Roux on Canton and then had some desserts at Atlanta Bread Company. I ate that whole cookie and half that muffin top, felt so ick after it since I gave up desserts for Lent but have been eating them on Sundays. I really want to stop eating sugar and desserts except for special occasions.


And didn't you think January Jones looked so beautiful in her fat suit in last night's Mad Men episode? She is just more charming than ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Cats!!
Loved the meal, but I felt icky too....

Anonymous said...

Ashley - IU will win next year :)
Linda W

sarah said...

Props for being a good KY fan in atl!! Wish you could have been here for the craziness! But thats OK, maybe it'll happen again next year ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails