As always I love all of my furry coworkers, here is Snarf (also affectionately known around the office as the albino squirrel) perched on my desk this morning -
I wove him so much!
An article caught my eye on Yahoo this morning - 9 Bad Habits that Are Good for You
The high points I got from it:
Coffee - It can help regulate your mood. " A recent study published in Archives of Internal Medicine showed that women who drank two to three cups of coffee daily had a 15% lower risk of depression. Coffee is also a rich source of antioxidants and other healthy compounds that may help protect against cancer, according to new research." This makes me very happy to hear because a cup of coffee is a mandatory part of my morning, weekdays and weekends. Like my friend Chelsea has said I sometimes even look forward to my morning coffee the night before! My dad and two older brothers are big coffee drinkers too so lots of coffee is consumed when we are all together.
Why it's not so bad to miss taking vitamins: They say because it may cause you to think of it as a substitute for eating well and that our bodies best absorb nutrients in a whole food form. However I rarely skip my vitamins because I take chewable ones that taste so good! Trader Joe's gummy multivitamins and chewable B12 and vitamin C can always be found in my top desk drawer at work.Beer: Move over wine because beer also has lots of disease-fighting antioxidants. "Research shows that some pale ales contain just as much or more silicon than oat bran, which is one of the best food sources of this mineral." Yay I love pale ale! But boo to this - "Beer contains 120 to 150 calories per 12-oz serving, which can add up fast. So if you do drink beer, make sure you stick to one per day (or less) to get the healthy benefits without the added calories and pounds."

Getting stressed about little stuff: "Chronic stress is linked to conditions like heart disease, but short-term stress actually has a positive side, pushing you to get things done-and succeed at them." So getting a bout of reasonable stress over something gives you the energy and motivation to deal with it quickly and efficiently, like your car breaking down or a presentation at work.
Skip your workout 2 days in a row: "You don't have to exercise hard every day to be healthy (and taking a break is actually better). 'Three to four days a week is enough to keep you in shape,' says Mike Boyle, owner of Mike Boyle Strength & Conditioning gym in Boston." Muscle repair and strengthening only happens on days off. Skip the gym and just go for a walk on some days.You procrastinate by reading those forwarded jokes in your inbox: Or in my case Pinterest, Facebook or Blogs. But this is ok (in moderation) because laughter and looking at something enriching stimulates the brain and motivates productivity.



Finally saw The Vow last night, I really liked it! It wasn't just a typical romantic comedy I felt like it had some depth and wasn't completely predictable. Next movie to see - Hunger Games next weekend!

1 comment:
Ok I really like this list and it made me feel way better about myself :) But I'm going to have to try and find those vitamins you say are good at TJs!
Post a Comment