Here's day 2 pics!
Saturday morning walked from the GWCC through the Westside and then through Buckhead, was so fun to actually get to see the pretty houses along West Paces Ferry, am usually driving fast through there and have never really been able to see the houses tucked back. I had to pee really bad and seriously considered knocking on one of their doors to ask to use their bathroom. I know I'm just such a great 3-Day representative :)
At a Mardi Gras themed lunch in the parking lot of Peachtree Presb. They gave us beads that rubbed pink all over my t-shirt neckline :(

Lunchtime entertainment



Who doesn't love a man in a pink tutu?

I made a beeline to this sweet maltese out on Piedmont

Her name is Daisy and her owner said she's a therapy dog. Doesn't she look like Annie?


Never too tired to trot! We sang a lot of random songs all weekend, one of them LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem," and when Louisa would sing the lyric's "Everyday I'm shuffling" I would have to literally shuffle my feet every time, now that I did get tired of doing because my feet were sore. We had to resort to "climbing the ladder," which was basically a combination of double fist pumps and ladder climbing with our arms. Once again being the ideal 3-Day'ers, they should really ask us to be the faces of Komen.

Sheena's fav sign. Glad we had this very important reminder every couple miles.

One of the many pit stops

After walking the looong stretch along Piedmont Rd. into the afternoon sun, was so glad to get back into a more urban setting.

Dressed slightly differently than the last time I was at the Fox for Chrissy's reception :)

We had to set up the tents ourselves, thankfully a nice man helped me with ours. Lights went out at 9ish and were on at like 5am. And the shower situation...let's just say there was a trailer and a line involved :(

So many cute tent decorations, wish I had gotten more pics of them. Here are a couple of my favs -


I took a pic of ours but it was so awful I decided not to post it because we had our crap spread out everywhere, haha. No decorations were involved even tho props to Louisa for bringing our boob trotters signs and some ribbon.
Trotters and Austin (not to be confused with Sheena's cavalier, who btw is going to be Dumbo for Halloween eeeee!)

Alexis has the hots for Fabio

So on the homestretch of our day 2 route we thought about making a detour to a bar, but since the GWCC is so massive a small detour was a trek. So we got inside and put on flip flops and then after we ate we started moving in slow motion, so the bar idea was quickly nixed, but Alexis's husband, Brandon, brought the bar to us!

Alexis offered a beer to one of the girls in the tent next door and she politely declined saying, "No thank you I'm 17." Like I said, rebellious trotters!

This definitely put perspective on why we do the 3-Day, notes honoring loved ones affected by breast cancer. There was also a remembrance tent that Alison, the veteran 3-Day'er, told me I should make a priority to checkout. It was a row of white tents from all the cities the 3-Day is held that people had written messages on, and then there was a big tent and inside was pictures of former walkers who had recently lost their battle to breast cancer, as well as a journal and an Atlanta tent inside. Some of the messages like, "Smile at us as we walk by, Mom" and "This one's for you" were so sad and reinforced my decision to do the 3-Day.

2 comments:
I don't know which is cuter--the one with you prancing or the dog. Scariest one goes to man with tutu.
Great pictures and captions!
fuuuun! I like your little pink anklet things :)
Post a Comment