Trotters are on the home stretch people! Just 17 days until the Atlanta 3-Day. Did you know I was doing it? ;)
As you can see at the top left column I am just $125 from meeting my goal of $2,300. Let me just say that fundraising is hard, y'all! Such a fine line between being annoying and proactive, so I'm sorry to any of you that I have been overly persistent with, just know it's all for a good cause :)
And October is breast cancer awareness month, so a great time to support programs and organizations that are working to find a cure.
As you can see at the top left column I am just $125 from meeting my goal of $2,300. Let me just say that fundraising is hard, y'all! Such a fine line between being annoying and proactive, so I'm sorry to any of you that I have been overly persistent with, just know it's all for a good cause :)
And October is breast cancer awareness month, so a great time to support programs and organizations that are working to find a cure.

A few other updates -
1. I got the official shoe for the 3-Day this past weekend. Love it! Went on a long jog/walk in them last night. It always amazes me how much better brand new shoes feel.
The guy at the store said they are great running shoes, too.
1. I got the official shoe for the 3-Day this past weekend. Love it! Went on a long jog/walk in them last night. It always amazes me how much better brand new shoes feel.
The guy at the store said they are great running shoes, too.

I think I've blogged this before, but when I was little I used to shout "PINK!" every time the color pink caught my eye. I'm sure people thought, "Aw that poor little girl must have turrets." But it's a good thing I grew out of that because my teammates and fellow walkers would probably have me gagged if I did that over the course of 3 days. Poor Louisa already has to put up with my white noise machine in our tent.
So my teammate Sheena and I have been having 3-Day nightmares, I think we're getting a little (or a lot!) nervous about being prepared. I dreamed that the walk was actually a ridiculously hard scavenger hunt. Sheena dreamed that she missed the first six hours of the walk and then couldn't get all the correct items packed in plastic bags, and then once she got there decided she couldn't do it. As my bro Tim says to just about everything, "Nightmare!"
My goals for the next two and a half weeks:
1. Raise $125
2. Go on at least several loooong walks. I just get so bored and it takes so much time. I usually jog a couple miles then walk a couple. Probably the longest one I've done was two Sundays ago I jogged to Piedmont Park from my condo (about 3 or 4 miles), and then walked around the track there and walked home. So in all it was probably about 8 or 9 miles. Not quite 20... Eeek!
3. Start walking with my REI waist pack. You have to carry your own water and sports drinks during the walk so everyone has to have a backpack, CamelBak or waist pack. I am using one that a former 3-Day'er gave to Louisa, so yeah I should probably start trying to get used to it so as to avoid relentless whining that would occur during the actual walk. I've seen women walking with them all over Atlanta and always feel guilty.
4. Plan our outfits! We want to have matching outfits for each day. My fav idea so far is a hot pink tutu with black tights and our trotter t-shirts!
Yeah! Go Trots!
So my teammate Sheena and I have been having 3-Day nightmares, I think we're getting a little (or a lot!) nervous about being prepared. I dreamed that the walk was actually a ridiculously hard scavenger hunt. Sheena dreamed that she missed the first six hours of the walk and then couldn't get all the correct items packed in plastic bags, and then once she got there decided she couldn't do it. As my bro Tim says to just about everything, "Nightmare!"
My goals for the next two and a half weeks:
1. Raise $125
2. Go on at least several loooong walks. I just get so bored and it takes so much time. I usually jog a couple miles then walk a couple. Probably the longest one I've done was two Sundays ago I jogged to Piedmont Park from my condo (about 3 or 4 miles), and then walked around the track there and walked home. So in all it was probably about 8 or 9 miles. Not quite 20... Eeek!
3. Start walking with my REI waist pack. You have to carry your own water and sports drinks during the walk so everyone has to have a backpack, CamelBak or waist pack. I am using one that a former 3-Day'er gave to Louisa, so yeah I should probably start trying to get used to it so as to avoid relentless whining that would occur during the actual walk. I've seen women walking with them all over Atlanta and always feel guilty.
4. Plan our outfits! We want to have matching outfits for each day. My fav idea so far is a hot pink tutu with black tights and our trotter t-shirts!
Yeah! Go Trots!
No comments:
Post a Comment