I packed as much as humanly possible into the long holiday weekend. Started it off Friday afternoon right after work being greeted by a wild eyed (but very cute!) Frank at Hayley's apartment.
After leaving the manic lab (his euphoria quickly evaporated when he realized he was being left) we headed over to Marta to take us to Midtown, which is like the equivalent of going to another state for us.
Waiting for the train in the Atl humidity.
Waiting for the train in the Atl humidity.
But the house-made draft beer at Publik Draft House made me feel much better once we arrived.

And I highly recommend the crab and sweet corn fritters that Hay and I shared. Don't worry there's not many calories in them.

Then made our way to the Fox for the Florence and the Machine concert. My 2nd time ever there.

So pretty, made me very excited for a certain miniature show pony's upcoming wedding reception there!

Ready for the concert!
But then we got tired waiting for it to start. Hay was having a funny dream.
Became conscious once Flo + the Machine came on, the stage set was really cool even though you can't really see it.
Saturday morning I drove to Carrollton, GA for an annual family reunion at Ryan's. Now that was like the equivalent of driving to another galaxy.
Oh just my average lunch on a hot summer day. I felt so fit and healthy afterwards!

With my grandma, Mama Kidd
And her daughter, my mom :-)
My dad's affinity for buffets on full display
And just a few pics taken. That's my great uncle being harassed by the paps.
Sunday went rafting on the Chattahoochee for a friend's birthday. No one felt like ruining their camera by taking it along. I'm esp sad that no pic was taken of Hay and I jumping off a high cliff holding hands. Yeah we're pretty bad a$$ ;-)

But probably a good thing pics weren't taken because lots of this was consumed -

Such a fun day! We went with Shoot the Hooch. The perf summer activity.
Up bright and early Monday to run the Peachtree Road Race. Beer and little sleep make for a great 10-K.
Up bright and early Monday to run the Peachtree Road Race. Beer and little sleep make for a great 10-K.
I stayed at Hay's so I could be right at the start line. I tried my best to get her to run with me for fun, I think she'd have been more likely to have shaved her head.
My dad emailed me my results: 16,422nd out of 55,090 finishers. I'll take that!
Post-race meal of homemade hot pockets made by Hay that I ate while watching the latest True Blood episode -
Despite almost being rained out the fireworks at Lenox were just as amazing as last year.
I went to watch them at Allison's office but left thinking they weren't going to have them. Ended up watching them in the rain and it made for a very dramatic 4th :-)
"Boom boom boom!" Katy Perry played in the background.

4 comments:
sounds like a fun weekend! love your food choices at ryans steakhouse ;)
also, i reaallly want to know how to do those homemade hot pockets. it looks delish.
Very busy weekend!
I thought my picture was bad until I saw your dad's.....
Loved the fireworks pics.
Blue moon comes in a can?!?
Congrats on the PRR!
ill get bent to let me to a guest post and ill give out some of my "go-to" recipes, including that one :D
-hayley
Post a Comment