Hayley made us haystacks - dark and milk chocolate, crispy noodles, butterscotch and peanut butter! Not a pretty site eating those in the hot car.
Backseat on the way there Friday evening after work. Despite tornado warnings and thunderstorms all over Ala. and Ga. we got pretty lucky with the weather and traffic.
Made it to downtown Birmingham. We checked in at Aloft and then got dinner at a nice Greek restaurant. Glad they didn't give in to my whining about stopping at a Cracker Barrel ;)
Saturday morning we hear a knock at the door. Oh just chocolate covered strawberries delivered to Chrissy from her fiance, Matt, no big deal! They were sooo good and we felt so spoiled laying in bed eating them!
Then we went shopping in all the cute downtown blocks of stores. Who doesn't need a gorilla toilet paper holder? A perf wedding gift for Chrissy!
It was just my shopping scene, we all found great stuff!
After shopping we power napped then got ready to go out to dinner. I wore one of my new dresses I bought at Francesca's when Rachel was in Atl a few weeks ago :)
We met up with some of Chrissy and Matt's college friends at a Mexican restaurant called Cocina that was one of Chrissy's old frequented spots. I esp loved the mojitos, queso and cilantro rice!
Out and about after dinner
At one of Chrissy's fav bars. Reminded Hayley and I of Smith's Olde Bar in Atl. I really liked their live music!
Heading back to the hotel
Looking so fresh and alert at 2 AM
Driving around town the next day
Closeup of our tour guide
Brunch then hit the road home. Fastest weekend ever!
2 comments:
I love that black dress!
looks like fun & yummy food!
you all look good--you look great in the black dress...
Post a Comment