Just had a fun couple of days with Rachel who visited from Nashville!
Here's what all we did:
Here's what all we did:
Unfortunately Rach had a miz drive down - pouring rain, a flat tire and then her demonic gps lead her like 30 miles past my condo to somewhere around the airport. So within 10 minutes of her arriving we had to get some Mexican food. We went to El Azteca for dinner, queso dip and chicken fajitas makes everything better!
Then we made Rach's first trip ever to Ikea
Then we made Rach's first trip ever to Ikea
She got lots of good stuff for her new townhouse, like this shelf -
Pralines and cream and cake batter flavors, and just a few toppings.
That night we rented Winter's Bone (really good but of course sad and disturbing) and were exhausted and in bed by 11.
In my condo elevator on our way to eat and shop the next morning
In my condo elevator on our way to eat and shop the next morning
We were going to just grab some lunch around the mall where we were headed when Rachel spotted Don Pablo's. She was sort of excited about it. And yes this is our 2nd consecutive meal of Mexican food. They don't call us fajita friends for nothing!
If Marco, our fav waiter at our fav restaurant in Lex., had been there it would have been perfection!
Then to Cumberland Mall that I call Atlanta's best kept secret because it's a gold mine of cute, cheap and trendy clothes. Got this maxi dress from F21 -

And this sundress to wear in the Atlanta humidity this summer. It was a staggering $13.50.

Really broke the bank on this leaf necklace - $4.80.

I may have bought another dress or two ;-)
After shopping, manicures and a stop at the Borders going out of business we went to cheer on the wildcats at East Andrews where the UK Alumni Club was watching it.
Here we are looking normal
After shopping, manicures and a stop at the Borders going out of business we went to cheer on the wildcats at East Andrews where the UK Alumni Club was watching it.
Here we are looking normal

Here we are with lots of team spirit
And here we are being *BoSsY*!!!
Rach showed her support in lots of different ways
CATS cheer! C!
A!
T!
S! Cats Cats Cats!!!
Big screen set up where we got to watch us advance to the Final Four!!!
Even Jay-Z is a wildcat fan! He visited their locker room after the game.

One excited and bossy wildcat!
Rawr!
HISS!
Celebrated the big win with Camicakes! I mean how else would we have celebrated?

The next day picked up Flying Biscuit to go and watched 127 Hours, intense.
You don't have to love me
You don't even have to like me
But you will respect me
You know why?
Cause I'm the boss!
But you will respect me
You know why?
Cause I'm the boss!
-Lyrics to live by from Kelis, our idol and role model


1 comment:
haha I really have no words for your pics :) (yall are cute though!) sounded like an amazing weekend!
But also, I'm going to F21 and stealing one of those dresses. (your idea to buy them, not literally steal) From now on, to make my shopping easier, I'm just going to copy you, k??
And I cant believe you watched 127 hours....I could barely watch that movie. INTENSE.
Post a Comment