Sunday, March 13

Shopping + Beer = Post Vacation Blues Remedy

Back to work and reality, but have had a very fun and relaxing weekend so far. When I was in Vermont I felt like I'd been gone for a really long time. Friday night Chrissy (aka Helga), Hayley (aka Black Beauty, 'cause black's her fav color to wear) and I ate at Tin Lizzy's and Menchie's (I know that's like saying we breathed) and then did some shopping at Lenox.

Like me they are also obsessed with Anthro, I mean who isn't. Chrissy got a couple of cute tops for her new job that she starts on Monday and I got this green blazer that will be perf for Spring.


Hayley got this quilt on sale that she's had her eye on. She's now going to need to redecorate her bedroom but I told her it's a good investment because she'll use it forever, plus it's so basic. We really like shopping together ;-)


We then toted our purchases to The Arches to get our eyebrows threaded. Don't knock it until you've tried it. Hayley got her's done for the first time and is now officially converted from plucking and waxing. Plus it's only ten bucks. Chrissy just warily observed and kept repeating, "I wax" when I begged her to try it. YouTube it if you want to see how it's done!


I got a few new samples from Kiehl's, Olive Fruit shampoo and conditioner. I used it yesterday and loved it. My hair is naturally dry so I use a crap load of conditioner and I've been on the lookout for a new moisturizing shampoo and more intense conditioner.


I also tried their Herbal-Extract toner and daily Acne Blemish Control treatment that works great, too.

Saturday morning I went for a long run in preparation for the Ga Half Marathon that is next Sunday. Can't believe it's already almost here. I ran about 12 or 13 miles so I'm feeling pretty good. Amazing weather, sunny and 70. I ran, well more like jogged, to Piedmont Park from my condo, first time I've ever done that and really liked it. It's crazy all the stores and restaurants I noticed for the first time when it's just within 3 miles of where I live.

SweetWater Brewery in the afternoon! My first time there so can now mark it off my Atlanta bucket list. I love SweetWater, prob my fav beer ever. It just cost $8 to get in and they gave 6 tickets for 6 beers. I tried to give them my baggage ticket from my trip to Vermont a couple of times in exchange for a beer, didn't really work out, but I think it's safe to say I had my fill. Oh and this is my 2nd brewery visit in one week for those keeping track.

Chrissy and I on an ideal Saturday afternoon. Hayley wasn't feeling great so didn't make it out. My new blazer already making it's debut!


Chrissy's fiance, Matt, and their good friend Chaz who was in town for the weekend.


Following my direction to, "Look drunk!"


Always classy ;-)



Jonathon, who I affectionately call Bitch Baby, driving us to dinner


Seriously could we look more annoying




Little German Boy and the most delish Bloody Mary ever at Fox Brothers BBQ. I'd never heard of Fox Bros before and apparently been living under a rock because it's def a fav Atlanta spot and was packed. Before going the guys warned Chrissy and I what we were in for and they weren't exaggerating. I've never seen more meat consumed in my life. It was out of control. Sweat and tears. But their smoked wings and mac and cheese were prob the best I've ever had, will def be going back when I want to feel really skinny and attractive afterwords again.


So needless to say after all that we were exhausted. We had originally planned on going to a Hawks basketball game but that didn't happen. We went to Orsmby's instead but Chrissy and I were soooo tired and Hay Hay being the good friend she is came and picked us up there. Asleep by like 11:30. A good Saturday :-)

4 comments:

sarah said...

Aw, fun weekend! I love that green blazer you got.
And I think its great that you've decided to spend every weekend at a brewery...I think you should come to KY next and you can graduate to distilleries! We'll do the Bourbon Trail ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love the green blazer--looks gorgeous on you with your hair.

Did you warn your friends if the threading the eyebrows hurt??????

Molly Hargather said...

that's my favorite part about running long distances...i get to see all of atlanta. including many stores/restaurants that i have never noticed before! but ash, you are supposed to be tapering! don't overdue yourself. race day is sunday!!!

Kb_Mal said...

Love threading! There's a place near my house that I go to that does it for $4!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails