Now that my half marathon is behind me I'm really not sure what my diet and fitness plan is going to look like. Should I sign up for another half? Start training for a full? Or just lay off the running for awhile and go with something completely different. I've really been wanting to get back into pilates, and have been wanting to try pure barre with my friend Chrissy. I want to challenge myself without overdoing it, and above all just be the healthiest I can be.
Well one thing that's for sure is that I have been freaking starving all week. I've still been doing a good bit of cardio and like clock work come meal or snack time I turn into a ravenous animal who hasn't eaten in days. And yes I realize it's normal to be hungry at meal and snack time, but not to the degree that I am. I know this is no surprise to anyone who knows me. I just feel like I'm hungry all the time, ugh! Why can't I be one of those people who gets so busy during the work day that food isn't even in their top 5 priorities? I seriously don't think I've ever skipped a meal in my life. The building would have to be on fire for me to skip a meal and even then you'd probably find me in the food court.
Oh, okay!
Here's what I ate yesterday: Breakfast - Greek yogurt with a little Kashi Go Lean cereal mixed in and coffee. Lunch - Turkey and cheese sandwich, spinach salad and an orange. Then I got a small frozen yogurt from Tasti D-lite in the mall food court. Handful of gummy bears later that afternoon.That's a decent amount of food, right? I then went to a spin class right after work (my fav instructor was subbing) and like 15 minutes into the class I got really low blood sugar and felt dizzy. I kept trying to push through but just felt worse and worse. Finally in defeat I unclipped my spin shoes and made the walk of shame from the front row. I went to the little concession area and asked for a Luna bar, promising payment after the class. Scarfed down the Nutz Over Chocolate Luna bar then resumed the class and was just fine. Mad at myself for not having eaten a bar before the class. But isn't it weird that I would be that hungry?
So here are my initial thoughts on what I need to work on: 1. I know I need to stop eating so much sugar. I'm addicted. I can't even get through a workday without some treat. I try to go for low fat stuff like fro yo and gummies, but it's still sugar and not good for me. 2. More protein - grilled meat and veggies for meals. And now that warmer weather is here I'm going to get into making smoothies with protein powder again for snacks. 3. Attempt to stop obsessing so much about food and my weight. My poor coworkers who have to listen to me all day.
I'd been craving a burger all week, so I went down to the cafe in my office building and got myself one today. (Ha my burger looks just like the one above)
I'd been craving a burger all week, so I went down to the cafe in my office building and got myself one today. (Ha my burger looks just like the one above)

Demolished it. And killed a few trees in the process.

April can't come soon enough, because there's now dried mustard on my March desk calendar. Ick :-(
Advice and helpful tips are most welcomed!
Advice and helpful tips are most welcomed!
1 comment:
I totally agree, there are days I just need a big fat juicy cheeseburger!
Post a Comment