Friday, February 18

This Morning

I was so exhausted last night, sound asleep by 10:30ish. So I woke up and felt rested and "alert" (as much as I can be in the morning) a good 30 minutes before my alarm was set to go off. So I took advantage of the extra time by -

Making a small pot of this coffee. Usually don't have coffee until I get to work unless I hit up Starbucks on the way in, which hasn't been as frequent because of my afternoon frozen yogurt routine. Somehow my budget doesn't afford me to get Starbucks and Menchies everyday, go figure.

I lit one of my fav candles, the Voluspa Maison Candle, olive leaf sent - French lemon verbena and crushed olive leaves combine with a rosewood heart (aka Heaven, not to be confused with the Gap scent), from Anthro that my office secret santa gave me for Christmas.


With my mug of steaming coffee I sat down in my big chair in my den area for some quiet time. I read today's reading in my One Year Bible. I'm on Leviticus and Mark now. It definitely takes discipline but I'm going to try and stick with it for the whole year. I am chugging through chapter after chapter on all the different types of animal sacrifices that the Israelites had to offer. It usually helps put me to sleep :-)


I also read the daily devotion from this book that my small group leader gave all of us. If you're looking for an easy, go to daily devotion this one is great!


And I ate one of these, because lots of coffee on an empty stomach is never a good thing. These South Beach bars are so delish and they have a lot of protein and just 140 calories. When I glanced in my rear view mirror on the way to work I noticed I had a hunk of chocolate right underneath my right eye, how that managed to get there and stay is a little unsettling.

Also on my morning commute I spotted another reminder that the Ga Half Marathon is just 1 month away from this Sunday (the sign on the bus stop). I'm in the home stretch and actually feeling pretty good about it, at the moment. It's supposed to be perfect weather this weekend, 70 and sunny, so I have no excuse to not be outside running.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great way to start the day--I just finished reading the Jesus Calling, too. It was really good today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails