Friday night Hayley and I met up with a couple other girls at
Ormsby's. Their hot dogs on a stick are to die for, as well as their extensive beer menu and different dipping sauces. You can see how I gauge if I like a place :-)

Played a little Jenga after a few really weird, drunk people kept trying to stack them as high as they could go. When leaving in the parking garage they spotted us and yelled, "Heeeey Jenga!!!" We responded by pretending to be deaf and naturally really fast walkers.

Saturday morning I got up and made the 30 minute drive to the airport. I had to physically turn in some travel coupons for a plane ticket at the United desk. Such a fun way to spend Saturday morning. I know I'm such a brat sometimes.
Driving through midtown

I'm going to Burlington, VT next weekend, yay!

That night I saw the show "Celebrity Autobiography" at the Buckhead Theatre. I was really excited about it because 1. I love almost all things celeb related 2. I'd been wanting to see the Buckead Theatre and 3. I got to go for free because my friend Alexis' company handles all the PR for the theater. Stand up comics and actors (Luke Perry was in it. Random and he looked like a homeless person.) read from real celeb autobiographies. Mr. T, Ivana Trump, Tiger Woods, Britney Spears, the Jonas Brothers, Vanna White, Tommy Lee (ew, just ew) and poetry by Suzanne Somers were read during the show. How this stuff got published is truly amazing.

An excerpt from "Touch Me: The Poems of Suzanne Somers" published in 1980 -
Sometimes I wonder if there's enough love to go around with all the pain and longing, but one thing is for sure, if anyone has any extra love, a heartbeat or a touch or two, I wish they wouldn't waste it on dogs.

After the show I went home and slept for 12 hours. A cloudy and balmy walk to Starbucks in the morning for a latte and this delish "low fat" berry coffee cake -

Sunday afternoon hot yoga session. Afterward I always feel detoxed and rejuvenated. Love it. That's exactly what I look like doing it, too.
Sunday evening volunteered in the bookstore and went to the last sermon of this series at church -
After church Hayley and I saw No Strings Attached. It was entertaining and pretty funny. Hayley loved it and was cracking up through the whole thing. She turned to me at one point and said, "I LOVE this movie!" :-)
We saw it at Fork & Screen, always a fun night outing for something slightly out of the ordinary. It's a movie theater and restaurant/bar. You press a button and a waiter comes and takes your order. We got mozzarella sticks, brisket quesadillas and a grilled chicken fajita wrap. I had to wait forever for my marinara sauce for the cheese sticks (um hello why doesn't it come with them) and my SweetWater beer. I think they started purposefully ignoring me :-( Ended my weekend on a caloric high.
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! I've been wanting some more of that sweet water beer, yum! I also look just like that picture of yoga girl, even though I've never actually done yoga...
Ok when I read that quote by Suzanne Somers, I thought it said "..I wish they wouldn't waste it on drugs" at first. Um, that would have made much more sense. What does she have against dogs? That's the most ridiculous quote ever haha
But sounds like a fun weekend :)
Post a Comment