Wednesday, February 2

Midweek Randomness

I went to my much dreaded dentist appointment to have a crown put on yesterday. It was just as awful as I expected. The only good things about it are that it's now over and they let me watch Wedding Crashers. One of my fav parts is when the little boy yells at Vince Vaughn to make him a bicycle balloon. I had to stifle an audible laugh which was easy with a mouth full of gauze.


How cruel is this, the makers of my Places To See Before You Die calendar thought that French Polynesia would be a great representative of February. Rather than thinking "Oh, pretty" every time I glance at it I get a surge of unfounded anger and entitlement that I should get to go somewhere like that to escape the dreary, cold city.


Yes, please.


Currently enjoying one of my fav summer drinks, Diet Coke with lime at my desk. A pitiful comparison to the pics of French Polynesia.


But one thing that is not so good in hot weather - chili. My office had a chili cook off today. One of my favs was a super spicy white chicken chili, called "white lightening," that looked a lot like this, except mine was covered with sour cream, twice as much cheese plus corn chips. Who wants to eat healthy chili yuck.


At least Atlanta is not looking like practically everywhere else in the US. Here's a pic Tim sent me today of Jake in his front yard in Burlington, VT. I think it's so funny how Tim says Jake takes his sweet time to use the bathroom in the snow.


Received my 2nd Anthropologie catalogue of the year yesterday and am absolutely obsessed with these chairs that were in it -



How cute would they be at my little wooden dining table? I couldn't even begin to choose which pattern I would get, they're all amazing.


PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY IF YOU SEE THESE GO ON SALE!!!


Another and much more economical obsession I have is the library. Every book I read is either borrowed from a friend or from the library. I'm only going to read it once so what's the point in dropping $15 for every book I read? I recently blogged about how I've gotten into Mad Men, and it dawned on me to check to see if the library had them. Score! They have all of them and season 2 is ready for me to pick up tonight. They also have True Blood. I highly recommend utilizing your local library, I mean you do pay taxes after all.


I passed this sign for the Georgia Marathon and Half Marathon while driving through Nashville this past weekend. It's 6 weeks away - Time to start pushing myself to go on double digit runs!


Dear Pinkberry, Please stop pushing back the open date for your new store in Buckhead. Yesterday said you'd be swirling in 25 days and today, in 30 days! Not okay. Don't make me keep having to scribble it out on my calendar. I will be one of your most loyal customers so we really don't want to start out on the wrong foot.

Since I don't have a Pinkberry close to me, anyone please feel free to send me a swirly gram this Valentine's Day. It will help ease my pain of being Pinkberry deprived for an additional 5 days.


2 comments:

Chels said...

Good post! I can't believe, however, that you said "dreary, cold city." Please, Atlanta is like summer to me...

Allison said...

ok, you have now talked me into it. I am officially going to my neighborhood library this weekend just so I can rent True Blood. yay :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails