The only time Leo was allowed in the house the whole weekend
Even though I'm absolutely horrible at it, Dutch Blitz is the most fun card game ever. It's really fast and results in lots of screaming and sore fingers. And in our case singing to try to distract each other. We played this all weekend and I'm going through with drawl. (Y'all know how obsessed I get with stuff)
Sarah took this cozy/artsy pic
Lots of time spent chatting and reading by the fireplace
Brit came on Friday. Loved this little nook. We tried to get Brit to sleep there but she wouldn't. She gets scared easily so we were just trying to be good friends ;)
On a walk in the Barren River Lake State Park. Perfect weather.
After our walk we made our way to the much anticipated Mennonite bakery, the Country Bakery, for homemade pizza, doughnuts and deep fried cinnamon rolls. We're watching our figures.
This pizza was life changing - pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms and jalapenos. Gaw I can't even look at it without drooling.
Brit made red velvet brownies from a Southern Living recipe. Do I even need to tell you how obsessed I was with them? I did go on a hilly 6 mile run one day that maybe burned off one of them :-)
Sarah tried to take my pic eating one but I was having none of that.
Baby P just chillin' with his Auntie Ashley on the back porch.
Seriously, cute overload
This is what the lake looked like. They drain it during the winter. So weird to walk around in.
Throwing the tennis ball for Leo to wear him out
Success!
Caris joined us on Saturday
P can sure give some looks. I was probably singing my version of Baby Baluga or Peter Cotton Tail that brought about the "Who is the crazy lady" expression.
Mexican night! Delish margs, chipotle guacamole and Chels made us her famous pork tacos and Mexican rice.
Argh! Mexican night brought out the pirate side of Caris. It doesn't take much.
Sad to say good bye on Sunday...
But we'll be back in warmer weather!
3 comments:
Such a fun weekend! I love every single pic of baby P.
Also, I wish there was such a thing as virtual Dutch Blitz...I need my fix.
Baby P is adorable!
Such a great weekend & photos!
Just looking at the food makes me drool, too--
maybe you have my drool gene.
So fun! You have some really good pics, I need to get them from you sometime. I literally only took one picture...terrible! I agree, ya'll should just move here so that we can play Dutch Blitz all day and not work or anything. I am sore from playing so much and that is ridiculous.
Post a Comment