Thursday, November 18

Body Fat Shmody Fat

Last night at LA Fitness before my spin class a very enthusiastic personal trainer asked me if I'd like my body fat measured. I replied with a resounding, "No!" He looked taken aback so I tried to back track with excuses of how it would just depress me and not do any good for me to know. He backed off and I was on my way to the water fountain when I quickly changed my mind and said I'd do it if it was fast. So I held a device that looked like this for a few seconds -

I was so scared of what he was going to tell me. He asked me my weight and height and that in itself was traumatic enough. There are 4 categories to fall into - Poor, Fair, Good and Excellent.

Drum roll please...

I was in the good category! YEA! I seriously expected to be in the poor, you know because of my affinity for cupcakes and self serve frozen yogurt. I have a total of 22% body fat. 18% would put me in the excellent. I asked the super tan trainer with blinding white teeth what I needed to do to get in the excellent range and he said to eat protein before and after workouts (which I'm actually pretty good about) and do more full body conditioning and toning (which I'm not good about and HATE). He then got pushy and tried to make me sign up for personal training sessions. I said I didn't know my schedule and that I'd have to get back to him, to which he slowly said his name like 5 times (He is new to the club and trying to build up a client base).

3 comments:

sarah said...

Yay! But I'm not surprised at all, I actually would have thought you'd be in the Excellent.
But this is exactly why I didn't join LA Fitness, by the way. I would have been in the Poor and then I would be too embarrassed to show my face again...

Kb_Mal said...

Girrrrl you are thin! I saw it in person tonight! Let me know how foxy you look in those boots tomorrow... good to see you!

Anonymous said...

Yay--good for you! You're commentary of the event is very entertaining btw.

Related Posts with Thumbnails