Saturday, October 23

Celebs 10 Best Beauty Secrets

From this week's US (My comments in blue) -

"Instead of lots of shadow, I use individual fake lashes to make my eyes pop!" -Ali Fedotowsky (from the Bachelorette) Never worn fake eyelashes in my life. I still sometimes have trouble applying mascara with no clumps, esp on my bottom lashes, and I've worn mascara pretty much everyday of my life since I was 13. I feel like I'd be asking to blind myself if I attempted applying false lashes.


"If you are doing a dark lip, go for a simple eye or cheek. If you are wearing a dramatic eye, a pale lip looks best." - Lauren Conrad Wow Lauren such astute advice, maybe you should have your own show and write books and make tons of money.

"Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Foundation can only take you so far; it's better to start with smooth skin." -Keri Hilson (Singer) The only time I ever exfoliate my face is when I use face wash that has the little beads in it, does that count? I've heard to never exfoliate before going out in the sun because your skin is extra sensitive after. I do exfoliate my body with Bath & Body Works sugar scrubs. My friend Allison got me on it.

"I do a 30-second ice-water rinse right after rinsing out my conditioner. It keeps my hair shiny." -Padma Lakshmi (Top Chef host) That sounds pleasant. The closest thing I do to that is after I'm done blow drying my hair I run cool air on it for about 5 seconds.


"Brush your hair before you shower. It helps the products to disperse evenly." -Cheryl Burke (from Dancing with the Stars) This is actually a really good tip for someone with normal hair. For me I either shower first thing in the morning or right after working out when my hair is a snarled sweaty mess, so I think if I tried to do that before conditioning I would rip half my hair out. I just make a point to really condition the ends of my hair in the shower.

"I braid my hair when it's damp. Once it's dry, I take it out and have beachy waves. " -Audrina Patridge Um I wish my hair would look like that just from braiding my hair! My waves would be all different and not at all cute. It would probably even make me look like a GB (Giant Baby - don't ask, touchy subject).


"Make sure to blend your bronzer into your face and neck. Otherwise you could end up looking like a clown!" -Sarah Hyland (from Modern Family) Maybe I want to look like a clown! I'm taking a page from Chris's book who calls US Weekly, "Them Weekly."

"Staying out of the sun is No. 1! You don't realize that until you get older, then you're like, "Oh my gosh! They were right about that!" -Julianne Moore A woman after my own heart :)


"The way to draw on eyeliner is you follow the angle of your bottom lash line and when you reach the outer corner, extend the line up and out past your upper lash line." -Taylor Swift Why does everyone like her so much? I mean I like her okay but am definitely a bigger Carrie Underwood fan. If Carrie was giving eyeliner advice I'd pay a little closer attention.

"My mom told me to use red lipstick as lipstick and also as blush!" -Dania Ramirez (from Entourage) How's that working out for you?

2 comments:

Chels said...

This is a good post! Fun reading. 1) I would rather poke myself in the eye than stick my head in ice water.
2) I laughed very hard at "Them Weekly"
3) lipstick or gloss actually does work as a blush-I have this great brambleberry rose lip gloss from Anthro (I saw it at Sephora too) and it looks so pretty as blush, very glowing


That's all for now :)

sarah said...

Fake Lashes= Not worth it.
I seriouly doubt that ice water is why Padma has such shiny hair.
I am going to try the brush your hair before washing it. Honestly, I've never thought of that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails