Wednesday, August 18

Fatty Salads

So I'm trying this new thing where I eat my breakfast at home before work. Used to always eat yogurt and granola at my desk but I've now been eating a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Toasted Berry Crumble with fresh strawberries and blueberries perched on my couch in front of the Today show every weekday morning. Makes me feel more prepared to take on the day. And I'm learning all sorts of things I wouldn't have otherwise, like the 5 worst salads to order at restaurants.

Wendy's BLT Cobb Salad has 740 calories and 50 grams of fat, ew.

And the worst salad in America is awarded to T.G.I. Friday's. Their Santa Fe chopped salad has 1,800 calories. It is equivalent to a Burger King double whopper, medium fries and small chocolate shake. That's just sick.

The book Eat This Not That completely freaks me out. So pretty much if you go to a chain restaurant and order what you feel like eating, it's going to be your recommended caloric intake for the week. Since being out of college I have definitely made huge strides in eating better. I used to constantly eat out and pick up fast food. It was a regular occurrence for my bestie Rachel and I to put in a half hour of low impact cardio at the gym and then go eat mexican. As fun as that was my waist line is thankful that those days are over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't even look good--take the cupcake!

Related Posts with Thumbnails