Saturday, April 17

Farm Weekend

Last weekend's farm trip was just what the doctor ordered. Arrived Friday night after an eventful drive up (lots of stops) and just hungout. Saturday was spent exploring, going for a wog, reading Real Simple on the front porch in a rocking chair, skeet shooting (just shooting the gun was an accomplishment for me; am I really from the south?), an amazing dinner of grilled lemon basil chicken and an array of delicious side dishes and the night was finished up with a "talent" (extreme emphasis on quotes) show (think the one in Dan in Real Life but more just people showing what weird things they can do - a skinny guy managed to look 6 months pregnant, bird calls, a "smell off", etc.) Sunday morning was blueberry pancakes and back home.

This is what I woke up to Saturday morning ...

And I just loved the baby calves!

I wanted to feed him but at first he wanted nothing to do with the blades of grass I shoved in his face

But then I guessed he sensed my sweet and loving spirit and decided it looked good afterall

Greedy! And despite assurances from the photographer/farm owner I still expected him to try and bite my hand

Then I got bored and just threw hay on the ground for him


We went on a tour of the farm in the back of a truck. I loved this working gas pump used for the tractors.



Driveway that leads back to the city ...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails