Monday, September 7

Long, Lazy Weekend

~I feel very un-American and un-southern that I haven't watched an ounce of football this weekend. I really do wish I cared ... If I'm not surrounded by people and food I just can't muster any enthusiasm.

~But I have managed to watch a lot of movies...The Time Traveler's Wife, Sunshine Cleaning, and The Hannah Montanna Movie. Jealous?

~Getting serious about my budget and diet. No more shopping thanks to F21, Anthropolgie and Britney, and no more 1,000+ calorie meals at Cracker Barrell and The Varsity in my near future.

~Low key and relaxing weekends are always nice, but I do wish I could have gone to NYC to hang with my bros for our birthdays. Sitting in the hot sun all day at the US Open doesn't sound particularly appealing to me, which would have inevitably led me to shop instead. My wallet is crying tears of gratitude that I didn't go. But Rach and I are patrolling cheap flights so hopefully I'll go soon. Haven't been to NYC in years :(

~As I'm writing this I have Real Housewives of Atlanta on, and it's the scene were Sheree yanks Kim's wig on the street. I saw an article in the paper debating whether or not the show is a good or bad representation of the city, and my opinion is YES! Because 1. I love all the scenes shot around the city and get really excited when I know where they are 2. It's a pretty big deal Atlanta was chosen only after NY and Cal. 3. Anything is better than the New Jersey Housewives - No tables have been flipped over 4. Kim's "Tight Rope" 5. Apart from the screaming and drama they seem pretty normal, right? 6. Um no, they're not, but I love them! Okay I have got to stop blogging about this show.

~Like a college kid home for the holidays, I'm doing tons of laundrey over at my parents, much to Annie's dismay since the laundrey room is her room. My mom said it looked like a Chinese laundromat - What do those look like anyway, just lots of clothes everywhere?

~Finished "Eat, Pray Love" - Definitely recommend it. It was all about finding balance and it inspired me to get more serious about eating well, working out, quiet time, etc. So now I'm reading the intellectually stimulating "Bergdorf Blondes."

~Spending the last day of the long weekend finishing up laundrey, going to the grocery store, hitting the gym (trying to be healthy!) and maybe squeezing in some pool time. Gearing up for work tomorrow (a short week!) and excited to start my new small group and kickball this week. Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails