Apparently I want diabetes, or so someone would think if they followed me around for the day. At my last office there was a machine full of free m&m's - plain, peanut, dark chocolate, PEANUT BUTTER - it wasn't uncommon that a concerned coworker would pry them out of my hands and flush them. Well now at my current office there's a tray of all different kinds of candy that tauntingly sits atop the receptionist's desk. It's much worse than the m&m's because 1. The variety is vast and different everyday 2. It gets taken really fast so added pressure to grab my favs 3. I've always viewed sugary sour candy as less fattening than chocolate, which means I eat more and don't feel as guilty 4. I use the bathroom like 50 times a day, which means I walk by the candy 50 times a day 5. Today I've eaten smarties, a jaw breaker, and my tongue is raw (and probably blue) from shockers. And my apple and carrots I brought are uneaten. Am I 9?
Wednesday, September 9
What's it like to have self-control?
Apparently I want diabetes, or so someone would think if they followed me around for the day. At my last office there was a machine full of free m&m's - plain, peanut, dark chocolate, PEANUT BUTTER - it wasn't uncommon that a concerned coworker would pry them out of my hands and flush them. Well now at my current office there's a tray of all different kinds of candy that tauntingly sits atop the receptionist's desk. It's much worse than the m&m's because 1. The variety is vast and different everyday 2. It gets taken really fast so added pressure to grab my favs 3. I've always viewed sugary sour candy as less fattening than chocolate, which means I eat more and don't feel as guilty 4. I use the bathroom like 50 times a day, which means I walk by the candy 50 times a day 5. Today I've eaten smarties, a jaw breaker, and my tongue is raw (and probably blue) from shockers. And my apple and carrots I brought are uneaten. Am I 9?
Labels:
Obsessions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a bowl of Atomic FireBalls on my desk and have started to use them almost everyday as a "breath freshener"...yeah, its gross
hey, WALK AWAY FROM THE CANDY!
tell yourself the carrots make you feel better in the long run. just don't eat too many or your skin will turn yellow.
Post a Comment