Thursday, January 17

2013 Condo To Do's

I've been keeping a mental list of all the things I want to do to my condo, so I'm going to jot them all down here in hopes that I actually accomplish them!

1. Hang the brown panel curtains I bought from Ikea last year that are currently shoved under my bed. I bought them to help insulate and block out all the sunlight. When I realized I needed an electric drill to hang them they went in a shopping bag in a corner for about a month and to make myself feel better I put them out of site. 

2. Clean out everything - Closets, dressers, kitchen cabinets and drawers, bathroom stuff, personal papers and bills...just typing this out gives me anxiety. Because I know once I do it the sacks of stuff to give away will be sitting out for weeks, and y'all know my place isn't big. I like things put away (ok crammed in drawers) and out of site. My friend Lori recommended taking 15 minutes a day to do a drawer at a time rather than taking a whole day. We'll see, I may try to make some progress this Monday since I'm off work. I've recently joined the Junior League (really liking it and all the girls I've met so far!) and they require donations be made to the Nearly New shop, the JLA's biggest source of revenue that goes towards funding the work we do in the community. So hopefully that will help me get my butt in gear to generate some sacks of good stuff.

I've decided I hate my bedroom furniture. It's filled with furniture I had in college and what I've bought since living in Atl is from Ikea. As much as I'd love to upgrade with a whole new beautiful bedroom suit that isn't going to happen anytime soon, I'd buy new stainless steal appliances before I did that. Here are the upgrades I would like to do over this year -

3. Get rid of the TV and stand in my bedroom (watching TV in bed is BAD according to my doctor, plus having 2 TV's in a 2 bedroom condo feels kinda ridic). In place of it I would like to get a cute chair and a stand up lamp for reading, I really like this green chair from Target -


4. I also decided that I need a headboard STAT. I think this is a cool idea to buy a large frame and frame pretty fabric -


And this door mantle is to die for -


Love the decor on top, too. Another cute idea, fill a shutter with material -


Or just hang some shutters in pretty colors, looks like the easiest route -


5. I would also like to paint my dressers but don't know if it's possible, need to do some research. I have this MALM dresser from Ikea and a small brown lacquered chest of drawers that was in my 40 year-old brother's room when he was a baby, haha.

6. Get my closet whipped into shape. It is a large closet and I know I'm not utilizing it as well I could. The floor of it is covered in shoes even though I bought shoe cases from the Container Store and I got some stackable shelves from Target a few years back that I truly believe are possessed, they won't stay together or stand up straight, that's all I'm going to say about that because it upsets me too much. I was keeping Jake at the time I got them and while setting them up he was staring at me like this -


7. Replace my shower curtain, I regularly clean it with a sponge and Method shower cleaner as well as use a daily shower cleaner but I've used it for several years now and is due for a replacement.

8. Get some more potted plants for my balcony

9. New chair for living room to replace the massive hand me down from my parent's old living room I donated to the Harlem Boob Trotter yard sale last year. A couple I've pinned -

Oxford recliner from Bassett


Marjorie chair from Anthro

Neither of those are cheap :-/

10. Find some big candles and candle holders or logs to sit inside my mantle. During fall I had pumpkins and for Christmas it was filled with presents!


I am dying to go to Scott's Antique Market, it comes one weekend a month and is out by the airport, must go soon!

Oh and I want her, a mini golden doodle -


2 comments:

Allison said...

LOVE all of your headboard ideas! And we seriously must go to Scotts asap - can we pretty please get a date on the calendar to go do this??

sarah said...

your condos already adorable but those are great ideas!! Will you come decorate my apartment for me?

(also, I agree with the no tv in the bedroom. its so much better without one)

Related Posts with Thumbnails