Tuesday, August 7

Boobie-Q Pics!

The Harlem Boob Trotters' Boobie-Q fundraiser was a success! Thank you to all who came out and for those who couldn't make it you can still support this worthy cause by making a secure, tax deductible donation here. Thanks so much for joining us in the fight against breast cancer!

From the minute I woke up Saturday morning it was go time, we were very concerned about the weather and started looking into tent options. On my drive over it was tsunami'ing on the interstate, not super safe driving with a car full of helium balloons!

 But despite the rain us Trots were excited for this event we'd been working on for months -


 Busy day getting ready


Allison's dad's classic rock band, Everything's Jake, setting up their equipment -


Our welcome and raffle table ready to go

 

We had lots of great items (listed in my previous post) and these paintings that were donated by one of Allison's mom's daughters. My dad won that dress painting so you may be spotting it in my condo :)


Louisa won these paintings!


 Sheena and I ready for everyone to arrive, Sheena doing something resourceful on her phone I'm sure ;)


The food from Williamson Bros. Bar-B-Q and Miss Mamie's ready to be served, was a big hit!


 Miss Mamie's was so generous in their flavor donations: chocolate, key lime, strawberry and red velvet. I ate 2 red velvet and 1 strawberry :) I was told the key lime were the first to go. If you haven't been to Miss Mamie's I definitely recommend treating yourself, it's in an adorable bakery in downtown Marietta.


 Sweet tea and water station. That sign was my contribution, haha. Lots of people BYOB'ed, too!


And the rain stopped for the rest of the night! The sun even decided to make an appearance for awhile :)


 We had a great turnout, a lot of Allison's family and friends from the area came out!


 I was so happy that former Trot Louisa along with her boyfriend Chad came!


 And Alison who I used to work with and just did her 12th 3-Day! She'll be crewing the Atl 3-Day this year.


With Patrick who we also used to work with-


A great night of live music!


 4/7th of the Trotter team, the other 3 walking with us live outside Atlanta and are doing their own fundraisers.


 Counting our proceeds at the end of the night haha, we raised around $1,200!


 Somehow we were all still functioning, Allison's husband Mark in his manly Trotter shirt, you can't tell but he's making a thumbs up :)


 Even Bella was worn out from a long day full of excitement -


Go Trotters!


2 comments:

sarah said...

love how yall decorated everything! glad it was a success :)

Anonymous said...

Go trotters--great success!
Mark makes the funniest pics--glad you told me what
he was doing--I was wondering....

Related Posts with Thumbnails