Monday, June 25

Misc. Monday

I'm alive! I was MIA last week due to food poisoning or some kind of stomach virus, a very fun time! I'm really not sure what I ate, but I started feeling sick late last Monday afternoon, that day I'd eaten a Luna bar, a frozen Kashi meal and then as an afternoon treat I had a low fat mocha coconut frapp, so I'm guessing it was the frapp that was bad since I eat Luna bars and Kashi meals just about every weekday... Anyways I will stop there and won't divulge any more details :)

Evil frapp...
I am just so happy to be rejoining the world! This week is definitely a better week to not be sick at work and I am excited to go to my spin and Pure Barr classes, small group and kickball this week.

 I had a great weekend here in Atl. On Saturday I had my first ever microderm treatment at the Robin Stiles studio in Buckhead. It's where Chrissy goes and they are running a special on microderms this month. For detox and unclogging my pores I usually just use Kiehl's white clay face mask once or twice a week. The microderm left my face feeling so clean it was just wonderful. She told me my skin is not sensitive just highly reactive, haha. While there I got Dermalogica's tinted face primer that has spf 30 in it. Obsessed, goes on like a glove. Reminds me of Smashbox's primers but better. I use Stila's tinted moisturizer everyday that has spf 20. I've heard from several people that I really should be using at least 30 on my face so this is a much needed upgrade. I may still apply the tinted moisturizer over the primer.

AGE Smart SkinPerfect Primer SPF 30

And I am super pumped about this new product find too, I've lamented for years about how hard it is to find a daily body lotion with spf that doesn't smell like sunblock. I have some from Aveeno but it smells sunblockey to me so I usually just put it on my arms for long car trips. Well last weekend when Tim and I were out shopping I popped in Bath and Body Works to see if they had anything, I hardly ever go in there but thought what the heck. (I know I'm so wild and crazy!) Well I found Broad Spectrum SPF 25 Sunscreen Lotion and it smells really good!
So I am all set for the miz Atl summer!

Saturday night went out for a friend's birthday in Decatur, the first social thing I'd been able to do in over a week.

We got drinks on the rooftop at Eddie's Attic


Then made our way over to Leon's for dinner

Ashlison Benzort!

The birthday girl, Reena, to my left

Sunday afternoon I went to a Pure Barre class, I forgot how much I liked it! I hadn't been to one since last summer (had signed up for a new client 1 month special) and then didn't keep doing it because it's a little pricey especially along with my LA Fitness membership and I have a gym in my building. Well it's come to my realization along with needing a higher daily spf coverage that I also need to do more strength training. My exercise routine has a tendency to be a little one dimensional due to my strong aversion to noncardio workouts. Running and spinning are stress relievers and allow me to zone out and shift out of work mode, but strength training is just so boring and painful. So I was talking about this with my dad (who is also a runner) and he recommended that I meet with a trainer. He'd met with one at his gym and got a lot out of it. So before my spin class a couple weeks ago I approached a very large man working the front desk and asked how you get set up with a personal trainer. Big mistake. Things got intense from that moment on. We scheduled an orientation for a couple days later and he had me fill out this form cataloging everything I ate -

 
We had our 1 on 1 workout which I really liked. He said he would design workouts for me that were a lot of light reps, so as to get a lean, toned look. (ya know so I don't end up looking like a man, aka my brothers) He told me I was in good shape (in between good and excellent in the body fat range I believe, holla!) but that I just need to tone up some from running. (when you regularly run you get to a point where you plateau and your body isn't building muscle anymore) I went in the next night and signed up and was all set to start the following week. Well the next day this guy kept calling me about random stuff like paper work, scheduling, etc. I did not like that. Soooo I'm now not going to do it, at least not for awhile. It is very expensive and it just stresses me out adding one more thing to my life that involves coordinating my schedule. Literally in the middle of the book club I hosted Friday night I randomly started going on and on about how stressed I was about it, just a random turrets outburst no biggie. I've decided I'm going to start doing Pure Barre again, with that you just buy a package of classes and go when you can. And it is a similar workout to what the personal training would be and Chrissy goes so yay for accountability. Now I just need to get some cute Lululemon gear!

My maxi mania continues, it's one of my fav things to wear to work as my office is very casual and they are so comfortable. Went to Target on my lunch break for some essentials today and got this one -

Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Stripe Maxi Skirt

2 comments:

sarah said...

probably a good idea to skip the personal trainer for now, but yay for being "good-excellent" in body fat range!!

I love some of the dresses Target has right now

Molly Hargather said...

I'm just catching up on blogs, but from my experience...do not sign up for personal training with LA fitness!! i was considering it before our wedding, only needing it for a few months. well, thankfully i realized within the 10 day cancellation period that what i had signed committed me to A WHOLE YEAR!! nobody even mentioned it. plus, whenever i worked out there, the trainers were constantly on their cell phones, texting, etc while they were training folks. if i'm paying you out the wazoo for training, you best not be distracted!!

sorry for the rant.

Related Posts with Thumbnails