Monday, January 30

✿ Weekend Updates ✿ Monday Randomness ✿

Had a low key weekend around Atl despite feeling a tad cabin fever from being out sick the previous week. So many people are sick at my office blah. But I had a very nice weekend filled with hanging out with friends, cleaning my condo and downtime.

Friday night had a work happy hour at The Family Dog in the Highlands, had never been there before it was super fun - Split apps of turkey queso covered nachos and pimento cheese with spicy saltines that were YUM, a very healthy dinner.

Sorry no pics taken at HH

Saturday was a beautiful day - Went for a run in Piedmont Park, lots of cavalier spottings! I make a point to run by the dog park a time or 2 :-)


After the park I went on a crazy cleaning spree. Wiped down every surface, mopped, vacuumed (thanks to my neighbor who lets me borrow her amazing vacuum), shook out rugs like an insane person on my mini balcony and did laundry. It's the best feeling to have everything fresh and clean after being sick. Next big chore is to clean out some clothes, try to do it a couple times a year.

I had an extremely exciting Saturday night, stayed in and caught up on Gossip Girl, XOXO


At Blair's Tiffany themed wedding shower where all of Gossip Girl's sources were revealed, DRAMA. Oh and is it just me or is Chuck Bass way less attractive as a "good" guy? He's just kind of creepy and weird now. And Louis's accent is just ridic.


Happens more than I care to admit...


Sunday was church and brunch with my small group girls, we went to R. Thomas, one of my fav spots, where we met our friend Brittnye's baby Journey, he was adorable and so well behaved!


He was very happy sitting in my lap despite his wary expression and Lori's comments saying otherwise


With his Auntie Lori


Baby J's mom Brittnye on the right



The rest of Sunday was spent napping, gym and other typical Sunday stuff. And was craving chocolate so went and got a Frosty from Wendy's because there are no fro-yo places that close to me which needs to be fixed ASAP. Yoforia please open in the Peachtree Battle shopping center in place of the Baskin-Robbins, thank you!

I guess you'll do :-/


A real Wendy's Google review from my friend Devon's blog -


And I finished "The Host" by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer, it's a lengthy sci-fi novel that several friends and coworkers had recommended, had been on my reading list for awhile. I liked it and think it would be a fun movie, would love to see the cave setting created. Much more action packed than the Twilight books and more likeable characters if you ask me.


Other fun books on my reading list:

Game of Throne series
And recommended by Chelsea (Chels let me know if I don't have any of these right):
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Fire by Kristin Cashore
Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah E. Harkness

Movies I want to see:

Beauty and the Beast 3D
Mission Impossible
Young Adult (my cousin has a cameo in it)
We Bought A Zoo
Drive
Hunger Games duh, can't wait! Must see it at CineBistro.
Morning Glory (it's not in any of the Red Boxes)

And I am now officially obsessed and on the Pinterest bandwagon, as I'm sure you can see from my giant red "Follow my Pinterest" icon on the left. A few (of many) of my favs I pinned this weekend -

This is so true for me, you know how they say it's 80% diet and 20% exercise - I enjoy food waaay too much to deprive myself, so an extra mile on the treadmill for all those Reeses I piled on top of my yogurt!


Gag!


K so question since it's mostly my close friends and family that read this ridiculousness I call a blog, I had dinner with the Boob Trotters last week which got us talking about fundraising ideas for this year (Don't worry we won't be nearly as intense and annoying as last year). Well this past year I unsuccessfully looked for pink candy to give out at our events, and since I'm getting started much earlier this year was wondering if it would be too gross to buy Valentine's Day candy, that would be a good 8 months of holding on to them...Thoughts? Hmmm, yeah ok ew. Anyways! Found tons of cute stuff on Pinterest that we will definitely have to get!


So cute!


I love pink and green together - Instant mood lifter! Having fresh flowers around makes me so happy :-)


And I would just like to say that I hate the Super Bowl because it's keeping Sarah from coming to Atl with Rachel this weekend :-(

4 comments:

Kb_Mal said...

I want to see Drive sooo bad!

Katy

sarah said...

ok that Family Dog place sounds amazing. I want nachos! And btw yes, I think you should save v-day candy for your fundraiser and try it out. What could go wrong?...

I'm visiting you soon!

Anonymous said...

cute pics--love the baby and the dog with the little goat--i clicked on pinterest--naturally loved the cute animal one

Chels said...

Hey! You had the books right except for I'm taking back Game of Thrones (I liked the first one, but the second and following were super depressing, you would not like). Also, add Divergent (it is amazing and you will be Hunger Games Level obsessed) and Delirium by Lauren Oliver (also Hunger Games'ish and really good). Yay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails