I didn't go into the office for about a week and a half, definitely nice to have a breather and to be able to spend time with family and friends. It went by in a blur, can't believe new year's is already behind us!
Allison and I got dinner one night (Nuevo Laredo yum) and exchanged presents, one of the gifts she gave me was this awesome jewelry hanger (and those gold and teal earrings to the very left), and confession I definitely set it up within like 15 minutes of getting home from dinner :)
bahaha Sarah I know you love that ancient pic of us all holding you
Spent a week at my parent's house in Roswell where Tim and Chris flew down from VT and NYC. While there my routine went something like this - in bed around midnight, up around 9ish and would make a big pot of coffee, wrapped up in a soft blanket contently reading, squeezed in a run where I could and did some kind of activity with the bros during the day.
Annie (who will be 14 in March!) not pleased to have her afternoon nap disrupted by present opening on Christmas. And yes you read afternoon, present opening happens in the afternoon when everyone is 27 and older :)
Annie (who will be 14 in March!) not pleased to have her afternoon nap disrupted by present opening on Christmas. And yes you read afternoon, present opening happens in the afternoon when everyone is 27 and older :)
When are they all going to leave me in peace? she was thinking.
So you could say that my interests do not always seamlessly align with my family's, but me being the great sister and daughter I am I often go along with things I wouldn't do on my own or with friends, as long as a snack is involved at some point. Me + low blood sugar = not pleasant. Here we are at a historic grave site in Roswell that included the grave of Roswell King, the founder of Roswell. And it was not my first visit, my dad had brought me there before but thought Chris would like it, so along I went.
Then strolled around the Old Mill Park
I love hiking and walking trails
however I do not love waiting for what felt like hours for my dad and Chris to take pictures, even more painful when I was being photographed, ugh.
But then we stopped and got a snack so I was okay after all!

I didn't take many pics over the break, all these were just snapped with my phone. And I will attempt to start doing some posts that consist more than just recaps of weekends and trips :)
The bros and I went to the High Museum one day, here are some of my favs that I captured to use as backgrounds on my phone -
I didn't take many pics over the break, all these were just snapped with my phone. And I will attempt to start doing some posts that consist more than just recaps of weekends and trips :)
The bros and I went to the High Museum one day, here are some of my favs that I captured to use as backgrounds on my phone -
I know I have such an artistic eye ;)
Played some bocce at Ormsby's later
Played some bocce at Ormsby's later
We also played darts and my right arm was embarrassingly sore when I woke up the next morning.
(Please refer to the above reference of me being such a good daughter and sister) We went to The King Center in downtown Atlanta, too.
(Please refer to the above reference of me being such a good daughter and sister) We went to The King Center in downtown Atlanta, too.
MLK Jr's grave
And a church he used to preach at
After meeting our history quota for the day my dad led us to a secret destination which was scary for a few reasons: 1. Chris, being a New Yorker who doesn't drive, was driving 2. We were downtown, and no matter what time or who I'm with I'm usually scared when I'm downtown 3. My dad being the one dictating the destination, there was no telling where we could end up.
We ended up here, at Busy Bee Cafe
We ended up here, at Busy Bee Cafe

where Chris ate stewed oxtail. I ate fried chicken, fried okra, mac and cheese, cornbread and banana pudding. I'm watching my figure. So yeah my dad doesn't even have to ask if we were in the mood to eat a giant lunch he knows it is a given that we will, haha.
After lunch we hiked and then I ran 5 miles. Kidding! I took a nap. And then ate Italian for dinner. Unfortunately not kidding.
I got everything I wanted that I blogged about in my previous post for Christmas! Except instead of the Tory purse I opted for the classic tortoiseshell Michael Kors watch. Love it. Bat got one too but the larger style.
And for Christmas I gave Hayley/Bat and Chrissy/Pony this pic framed. I know I know it's a new low but isn't it hilare! We all look just like our animal counterparts. I showed it to Chris and he asked if next year I was going to give them a pic of the animals thinking about us, haha. Tim just snarled at it.

New year's recap for my next post, try to contain your excitement!
1 comment:
I hope the food I cooked added to your holiday enjoyment....
Love the pics, especially the first one...
Oxtail looks disgusting...
Post a Comment