Had a fun night out Thursday night at the Junior League LBD Affair thanks to Katy!
Katy is holding my lime ginger martini, it was delish. And they had these deconstructed Twix bar cookies that you dunked in caramel sauce that were amazing.
Friday after work Allison and I met up for dinner and Twilight Breaking Dawn - We really liked it! A coworker told me his Twihard friends saw the midnight showing the night before and said it was so bad they thought they'd been punked, so I was a little concerned going into it. But I was entertained the whole time and thought it was a lot faster moving than the other ones, and I thought they ended it at a good place (as opposed to part 1 of the last HP where I left the theater angry). When leaving the theater Allison said she wanted to watch it immediately again :-)
And let me vent for the thousandth time how much I dislike Atlantic Station (ghetto Disneyland). We chose that theater because it is much bigger and offered more showing than Phipps, and Fork & Screen in Buckhead, the theater where you can order food and drinks throughout the movie, is not a good choice for a movie you really want to see (too distracting and the chairs are too straight!), so Ghetto Disneyland it was. Okay 1. Our theater-mates were so loud and I don't think 90% of them had even read the book, as they would gasp at basic plot twists (why they were seeing it opening night Allison and I wondered). And my absolutely most hated aspect of G.D. is the parking garage = an underground hell maze. My anxiety level raises immediately when I ride the escalator down into the pit. Allison was just 1 MINUTE over her time allotted for the parking validation and they still charged her $4. But at that point you would give them your soul just to be let out.
Was up bright and early Saturday morning and headed to Athens for the UK/GA game with Sheena and her husband Ben (the lyrical genius). We met up with some of their friends and had a few beers on campus -
Was up bright and early Saturday morning and headed to Athens for the UK/GA game with Sheena and her husband Ben (the lyrical genius). We met up with some of their friends and had a few beers on campus -
Yay for Ky blue!
Since it was my first time in Athens Sheena and Emily showed me part of the downtown, we popped into one of the bars for a bloody mary and mimosa.
(experimenting with the flash)
I know me doing the cats cheer never got old (ooooo C-A-T-S cats cats cats!)
Athens was so fun!
Sunday was typical Sunday stuff, I went to ICE - the Indie Craft Experience for some Christmas shopping. Found lots of good stuff!
Sunday was typical Sunday stuff, I went to ICE - the Indie Craft Experience for some Christmas shopping. Found lots of good stuff!
Foggy morning on Monday
2 comments:
aw, I want to see Breaking Dawn! You can see it again when you visit Lex, k?
And way to represent UK :) very proud.
Breaking Dawn, most realistic movie ever!!
I love seeing everything that you're up to!
Post a Comment