Monday, October 10

Chrissy and Matt's Wedding

I cannot believe Chrissy and Matt's wedding extravaganza was just last Saturday. Feels like they have been honeymooning in Sardinia, Italy for a month! Btw Chrissy I have been very jealous of all the amazing places you've been checking yourself into on FB - spas, restaurants, etc. Hope you're eating extra cheese and pasta for me!

Here's my photo-blogging recap of all the food, fun and festivities of last weekend -

Thursday night we met up with some of the groomsmen that had just got in town, but first we needed wolf pack time at my place where we had some sparkling white wine before heading over to groomsman Scott's apartment down the road.

How much like opposites do Bat and Pony look here? We're one special little pack. We might have completely different styles and perspectives on some stuff (don't ever bring up politics with those two), but if any one messes with one of us you can bet you'll have to face yaps and clawing from a ferocious bat, pomeranian or pony. I can share some examples of this if you're interested :)


Poor little bat had her teeth professionally whitened that morning so she had to drink her wine with a straw.


Bridesmaid luncheon at Swan Coach House on Friday. It was an absolutely beautiful fall day. When I said this I was quickly reprimanded by Bat who expected dark clouds to immediately appear after this observation. She watches way too much Harry Potter.


Oh hi!


Pretty earrings us bridesmaids got to wear on the big day, this redhead will be wearing them again.


Chicken and fruit salad, I ate every scrap of it along with all my champagne punch.


This was to die for - meringue, chocolate moose and whipped cream in the shape of a swan.



Stephanie on the left came in from Birmingham, and Amanda being her beautiful "white tiger" self as always


All but 3 of the bridesmaids



Rehearsal at Peachtree Christian Church. I'd never been in there before and was not disappointed. Someone said it felt like we were in The Sound of Music, but since I haven't seen that in at least 15 years don't really know what that means.


Then the wedding party made our way to 103 West in Buckhead for the rehearsal dinner. How ador is Chrissy's dress?!


Pom, Pony and Bat - I don't think Pony was feeling her animal counterpart that night.


In case you're wondering I got my dress on sale at Anthro and Bat's is a Helmut Lang :)


Scott and Chrissy went to Samford together and have stayed good friends over the years. Chrissy and Matt almost moved into an apartment in Scott's building which I would have loved to have heard the endless entertaining stories that were bound to ensue, such as Scott banging on their door demanding nourishment since all the food in his kitchen has been spoiled for years. Not even kidding. He had flour tortillas in his fridge that had been in there since the first week he moved in, like 2 years ago, and a pot of plain, cooked ziti noodles that were in his fridge for at least a year. Chrissy and I whine about how disgusting it is every time we go over there so we finally took it upon ourselves to throw them away Thursday night. That went over really well, especially when Chrissy put the noodles underneath Scott's pillow. Apparently he prides himself in his bachelor pad filth.


After the rehearsal dinner Hayley and Stephanie stayed with me and were literally asleep within 15 minutes of us getting back, so by 11pm we were all out.

Saturday was go time from the minute we got up. I went for a walk/jog to feel better from all my glutinous eating and for 3-Day training (you know I have to mention it in every post, don't worry it's almost here so I'll eventually stop), coffee and cereal, did our makeup and packed our bags, then headed over to Salon Red to get our hair done. There was so much going on in Atl so traffic was super fun. But thankfully Bat's driving in her Mini Cooper got us to the Georgian Terrace right when we were supposed to be. ("What I'm a good driver!" She always bellows as I'm clutching the door handle, my knuckles an inhuman shade of purplish white)

6 out of 10 of the bridesmaids. Love our dresses here! And Chrissy I'm glad you had us wear our hair down :)


Hayley, Hannah and I got our hair done together


Blurry but kinda artsy


Hannah had actually just got into Atlanta that morning, she was in a wedding in Michigan the night before. I don't know where she gets her energy from!


Hayley with Rebeccah, the MOH, Chrissy's former college roomie. I love hearing stories from their college escapades. Some of my favs: 1. Rebeccah used to have to do almost everything for Chrissy. She went to NYC one semester and while gone Chrissy spotted a giant roach in the hallway of their apartment and she just put a shoebox over it and left it there the entire time Rebeccah was away, so Rebeccah had to take care of the scary roach when she got back. 2. Some woman tried relentlessly to get them to fill out some kind of censorship form, she would knock on their door and they would hide and not answer and the lady would be like, "I know you're in there!" And would plead with them to fill out the form. This went on for a really long time. K I feel kind of weird blogging about stories I was not even there for or knew them then...


The groom arrived in all his dapper'ness


En route to the church



The ceremony went so smoothly and was absolutely beautiful.


Mr. and Mrs. McDonald - Now that's going to take some getting used to!


After pictures it was Team Bustle time! Bat tying the bustle up with her nimble, little bat fingers


She looked like a princess, we decided she could be a professional bride, whatever that is.


go go go!


Keeping her entertained



And done! Hey we put that bustle up fast.


Walking out of the church to the shuttle to take us to the Fox with the rest of the wedding party



While waiting to be announced at the reception the peacocks came out to play! Groomsman Bryan from Hawaii even flexed his plumes with us.


Elegant peacocks (Random side note: We talked about how funny it'd be if there had been an actual live peacock that walked down the aisle. Chrissy don't even pretend like you didn't look into it...)


First dance


Father daughter dance


Randy's sweet toast



Our table


My fav southern food for dinner - fried chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, cheese grits, black eyed peas, lima beans and fried okra.


Have I mentioned how much I love wedding cake? White cake and icing with strawberry filling. I ate a giant piece and enjoyed every bit of it.





White Tiger and Bat got cutout, sad


We love Lori, our small group leader


Amanda rockin' a groomsman's glove


Just dance!



Drinking a vodka cranberry, when I ordered it I said cranberry with vodka and the bartender then asked how old I was, because apparently you're always supposed to say the liquor first or they think you're underage, hmph.




A sassy dirty martini


Just threw the bouquet!


Outside the Fox, I tried to take a pic of the newlyweds as they ran by me but they were too fast!


Our bridesmaid bouquet, has there ever been a more vibrant, happier bouquet?

Align Center Align Right Justify Full
Numbered List Bulleted List Blockquote
Check Spelling
Add Image
Stephanie managed to get one! They headed back to the Georgian Terrace then left for Sardinia late Sunday afternoon.


After the reception a few of us finished the night with drinks, live music and chips and queso at Black Bear Tavern





and a Moon Pie!



A perf wedding celebration!

Love you, Chrissy and Matt! So happy I got to share in your special day with you :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

You looked so beautiful in this blue bridesmaids dress!

Anonymous said...

You looked so pretty!
What a great wedding and comments--I really enjoyed it--just wish I had some of that food....

Related Posts with Thumbnails