Like the good blogger that I am here are tons of pics from our trip to Charleston to celebrate Ms. Chrissy Mini Show Pony Welly Mac this past Labor Day weekend -
Shortly after we arrived at our house in Folly Beach Friday night - Me, the Bachelorette and Amanda
Chrissy loved her custom made wine labels!
So cute!
Eating as much delicious seafood as possible was a top priority and we didn't waste any time. Hit up a restaurant close to our house and split some apps, here's the crab cake that was inhaled within seconds after I snapped this pic -
It felt really good outside, so much less humid than Atl.
Then Folly didn't know what hit it... So let me explain, as if that's going to make this any less odd. Chrissy is having a peacock themed wedding. Peacocks are going to be in our bouquets, in the guys' boutineers and on some of the favors. Somehow we started acting like peacocks... I think Amanda started it, ha. And then events like this transpired -
Oh just flexing our plumes
My throat was so sore from my relentless "peacock calls" (and yay Bat and Hannah joined us after dinner)
An angry peacock

I was like no way we'll eat all of this in 2 days, oh we did alright.
The next morning we got brunch and when we got back to our car we were blocked in by this meanie. Chrissy let him know how we felt about it via notes on her cute stationary.

I think this one just said ":("

Thankfully Amanda managed to get out without any mishaps.

It was so cute, it is where they make all of their different kinds of vodka sweet tea and lemonade. There was also a vineyard on the property.
Muscadine grapes
So Charleston :)
They also had animals there!
This little guy's name is Harry Potter and he lives there. I seriously considered taking him.
Future Trophy Wife in all her splendor
Slushy peach bellinis, SOOO good. Like so, so good. Maybe my fav drink I've ever had. Wish I had one right now.
The whole group - MOH Rebekah and Kayla drove in from Birmingham late the night before
A bottle of Skinny Tea with Stevia and my peach bellini
Amanda has skillz, she can quickly go from being a peacock to a graceful deer.
Pomeranians not so much
ew
Our official taste tester giver outer. We didn't really like him and I think the feeling was mutual. He took his job way too seriously and said that the owner walks around and watches how much he pours.
Being peacocks again? Who knows.
Okay so if I ever have a baby and say, "Hey let's make a trip to the Firefly Distillery and bring baby Addy," (Her full name will be Adeline) will one of you please tell me that may not be the best idea? Hannah agrees.
Sweet tea bourbon = Intense
They advertised online that there was a petting zoo, I didn't venture out everywhere on the grounds because well I was kind of tips at that point and Chrissy had declared the rest of the animals gross, but here are some sad chickens -
And bunnies. Lots of small animals in one cage together kind of freaks me out.
Then Hannah met the black version of her golden doodle, Clooney. I offended it's owner by loudly asking why it was wearing a muzzle to no one in particular. She responded, "It's not a muzzle!" But at that point I had spotted another baby and was offending someone else.
Just a random scenic pic on the drive home. We decided it felt like we were in Bon Temps from True Blood. When we were driving along the windy back roads an old scary looking African-American lady was just standing at edge of the street, and when I turned around and looked at her as we were driving away she was standing IN the road watching our car. I half expected her to turn into a were-panther.
After some R&R we got ready for dinner in Charleston.
Wolf pack, rawr
An amazing dinner at Fleet Landing
My honey glazed salmon was perf
Bat and Hannah's shrimp and grits that they shared
Story - Amanda ventured out to a bakery in Folly Beach that morning where she got chatting with the owner. When she told him she was on a bachelorette trip and where we were eating dinner that night the owner said that he bakes bread for Fleet Landing and offered to bake a giant you know what. When we asked the waiter to bring it out he said that he couldn't because it was a family restaurant, haha. So after dinner he met us outside and presented us with the giant phallic loaf -
Classy ;)
Which we then proceeded to parade all over Charleston with. We took turns carrying it because it was actually really heavy. There were a lot of bachelorette parties out but none as good as ours!
We went to quite a few spots - a roof top bar, Wet Willie's for jello shots and dancing and ended the night at the bar where they let you dance on the bar. Can't wait to see all the pics that were liberally taken. From what I've seen on the other girls' cameras they do not disappoint!
Hannah and I's feet hurt from all the walking and dancing in our heels.
Story - Sunday AM (Late morning of course) we went out for brunch in Folly. We had eaten at this coffee shop and restaurant the day before that we loved, Black Magic. We even all bought t-shirts. Well being good tourists we thought we should try somewhere else. We go to one spot that said they had a bloody mary bar and a brunch buffet. Nothing fancy. Chrissy and I go checkout the buffet to find congealed gravy, strips of flimsy bacon floating in grease, runny eggs and lard soaked hash browns. Needless to say Chrissy almost threw up right there on the floor, and then declared it a "Holiday Inn buffet breakfast." The real kicker was when I ordered my coffee and asked for skim milk on the side the waitress said they didn't have any, and then I said, "2% ?" She impatiently shook her head and snapped that they just had whole and half and half. I think I just looked down and didn't respond at that point.
So after informing the waitress that we needed a few more minutes we left the restaurant as though we had just spotted a rat run across the floor.
And ended up at Black Magic again in our t-shirts -
So after informing the waitress that we needed a few more minutes we left the restaurant as though we had just spotted a rat run across the floor.
And ended up at Black Magic again in our t-shirts -
Hit the beach for awhile but it was a little overcast, so went into Charleston for some shopping and sight seeing.
Walked through the City Market
Walked through the City Market

Original Moon Pie store where I ate a sample of red velvet ice cream.
Love downtown Charleston. No pics taken of the group because we had literally just run out, thrown on clothes and wore no makeup. I felt so gross. I packed enough clothes for a month and ended up wearing the Black Magic t-shirt I bought and old shorts all day and night.
Dinner at Magnolias, sooo good. I had salad and crab bisque soup, and Chrissy loved her crab cake and spinach. She also loved the flowers on the table that had some of the same flowers that we'll be carrying on Oct. 8th :)
This was the backyard of our house, def could get use to that

So thankful for fun trips with best friends ♥♥♥
2 comments:
You've been busy, my friend.
That's one bossy loaf. I love it!
Looks really fun. I love your photo-journaling. Very interesting....
Btw, who was driving???
Post a Comment