Friday, May 27

Beach Essentials

Heading to Tybee Island after work today for the holiday weekend! Have been anticipating this trip for months. My car is all packed and ready to head south. Here's some of the items I have packed that are mandatory for a beach trip -

When making my shopping list Hayley instructed me that I better have lots of gummy candy on it, so after stops at Trader Joe's and Publix last night we now have 4 different kinds. I don't think any one's going to have sugar with drawl this weekend.


Okay so if you've so much as met me then you know that I do not do so great sitting in traffic. I know I know, it's not like anybody likes it but I just start to have a minor freakout and lose all sense of time and feel like I might end up dying in the car. Yeah not dramatic at all. Hayley's my lucky passenger on this trip! So yeah getting out of Atlanta on a Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend is going to be eventful. I've packed lots of super healthy snacks, like baked Cheetos YUM!, and Hayley has her ipad charged and ready for me to finish watching True Blood season 3 and beat my already steller Doodle Jump score. If I ever have kids I'm going to be paid back big time by having the most "horrible to ride with/need to be entertained every second" kids. And Hayley and Chrissy will probably think it's hilarious. Unless they're in the car with me and my hypothetical kids.





Skinny margs! Drinking on the beach at sunset is probably in my top 5 fav things in life.
Of course fun mags


and beach reads are a must for afternoons on the beach. I'm excited to get into the latest book of the Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood series that came out just a couple weeks ago. Thanks to Allison for reading it so quickly and letting me borrow her copy :)




Oh and don't you worry Hayley has an umbrella for me so I'm shielded from the scary afternoon sun. Me assembling a beach umbrella is almost as ridiculous as me stuck in traffic.




I have about 4 pairs of sunglasses for a 2 day trip. I am obsessed with the sunglasses in the Nordstrom junior's department. I've blogged before about how it is the mecca for cheap, cute and trendy accessories. Their sunglasses are just 10 bucks.

A couple pairs of Havaianas flip flops. I bought 2 pairs for super cheap at Gap last year.

And so as not to blind anyone on the beach I got a Mystic spray tan and am using Jergen's foam tanner to hopefully not come back paler from the beach than before I went :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what can i say, i take care of my princess bent bent!!!
-hayley

sarah said...

have fuun! :)
Also, I bought those sunglasses and took them on my last beach trip. love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails